Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 31 Aug 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Yes, we have 100 points that will expire at the end of March. Have until Valentines Day to decide whether to put them into RCI, which I know nothing about, or lose them.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I rented mine on the other big board. Took quite a bit of effort and had a lot of querys that didn't go anywhere. At times I felt like a travel agent! However they all went in about 3 weeks.

They all went to Americans... I don't think many from UK would buy at moment as its so uncertain with travel
Old 1 Sep 20, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Rent them out on a FB group Jo. I've rented 60 banked points over Halloween to two American families. I got $14 per point for one of the reservations, better than nothing.
Exactly what Caron had said, I had 100 points expiring on Nov 30th, and someone on here recommended I rent them out on Facebook -I admit now that I let them go too cheaply ($10 a point!) but I had already resigned myself to losing them as they’d been on offer through David’s for months.

Well I sold the lot to three buyers for August trips within an hour and could of sold them three times over (yes definitely too cheap - but I figured £1000 in my pocket was better than nothing!)

I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again - and the beauty of them being last minute bookings is that all trips are now completed so I haven’t got the worry of something going wrong and them wanting their money back, hanging over me either.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
someone on here recommended I rent them out on Facebook -I admit now that I let them go too cheaply ($10 a point!) but I had already resigned myself to losing them as they’d been on offer through David’s for months
I did the same, I let my few (only 13) go for $10 each, but just wanted shot of them and to cover the dues, like you I'd resigned myself to losing them so was happy to get something back. With hindsight I could have got more from them but couldn't be doing with the hassle at the time for an extra few £s.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ve seen people on that Facebook page asking not only for ‘distressed’ points at $10 each, but one even asked if they could pay in instalments! No thanks buddy.
Old 1 Sep 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Renting out points on facebook

Sorry, not a big user of facebook. How to you go about renting them out on FB?
Old 1 Sep 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KFJames View Post
Sorry, not a big user of facebook. How to you go about renting them out on FB?
If you look at my thread further down 'rental value being driven down' I've posted the FB rental page I've used on the 1st page.

Good luck.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I got $14 pp on the other board for mine. Not sure it was worth the hassle though. I had one person get confused with AK value and standard and then accuse me of fraud when I quoted more points than he expected, and one ask if it was ok to sleep 7 in a Studio!

I had a lot of people ask for availability and then go silent after, I was on the point of giving up.
Old 4 Sep 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
cityblueboy
VIP Dibber

cityblueboy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
You can push points into your RCI account even if they are already banked, they are then valid for 24 months. You have to transfer in blocks of 10 points a time. You could look at a night/couple of nights at Disneyland Paris instead. Or make a booking with RCI for a UK resort if you don't want to go abroad.
cityblueboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
I have Dibbers points that cancelled due to COVID, I’d love to sell on to repay so might try Facebook sites

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List