Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Sep 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I’ve not had any problem as a new renter on there. I’ve rented before though and had my t&c sorted.
Old 9 Sep 20, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KFJames View Post
I've got 244 points that i'm trying to rent on FB but as I haven't rented before they don't seem to want to touch me with a barge pole
People are saying that to you? What are you asking for your points?

I have references from previous renters I've rented to, but haven't been asked for them, had no issues renting on there at all.

Seems strange.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helenr View Post
Use PayPal
Absolutely. Request they pay you via friends & family. No fees & no fear of them trying to claim it back from PayPal.

My renter suggested it when asking for my points before I’d had a chance.

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
People are saying that to you? What are you asking for your points?

I have references from previous renters I've rented to, but haven't been asked for them, had no issues renting on there at all.

Seems strange.
$14-15 as don't have to be used until the end of May 2021 . I've got plenty of time so not really worried
Old 9 Sep 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KFJames View Post
$14-15 as don't have to be used until the end of May 2021 . I've got plenty of time so not really worried
Just be patient, I'm sure they'll go. People are hoping for cheap distressed points still but points are going for that amount, which is still cheap in normal terms.

I've never been asked for references despite saying I have them and being ready to send them on.

Old 9 Sep 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

You can use the other big board as well, if you don't have a poting history with them I think they charge $25 to post a listing
Old 9 Sep 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
You can use the other big board as well, if you don't have a poting history with them I think they charge $25 to post a listing
The rules over there are way over the top. Totally restrictive. The Facebook group worked well for us (and here in normal times)
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
The rules over there are way over the top. Totally restrictive. The Facebook group worked well for us (and here in normal times)
I found it ok, you post, it gets moderated then posted, if you dont meet the requirements you pay $25, the rules are there to help the buyers and I get that.

However I did get a lot of people demanding I check availablity and not reading my post reagarding point restrictions and cost, and due to the time differencei was not able to pick up messages quickly so missed a few opportunitys. But I managed to rent my point in about 3 weeks there for $14 pp. I had Zero luck with David's and on here (which is understandable as no UK person would commit at moment)
Old 10 Sep 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I've not rented points out on the Disboards since 2006 but at the time it was pain free and we've progressed a lot since then so should be much easier now.

Old 11 Sep 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yeh, I've just managed to rent out 69 points at $14pp. Lovely lady who even had a contract template I could use, which had everything in I required & more! Have a 4 day confirmed reservation at BWV for Christmas that I need to get rid of now