Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Sep 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Thoughts on annual dues

What are people's predictions on our annual dues this year? I remember the e-mail saying we would get a Christmas credit but also that we could have increased costs due to Covid compliance measures at the resorts. Could work either way.

Haven't been paying each month like I normally do. Have been holding on to it, although the exchange rate has been better lately.

How are other people playing it?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

I have continued to pay some most months so have $1,000 paid towards next year’s bill.

I am hoping that there will be a reduction in dues but at the same time not expecting one.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Can't see it being very likely. Although part of me thinks so many DVC members were upset this year they would be hard pressed to add on a huge unexpected amount to dues.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Ours are almost paid up - I'm hoping they will stay about the same cost as 2019 if so we should only have a couple of hundred dollars to pay.
A reduction would be great but not holding my breath lol.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Wasn't there a Tax revaluation as well so we may get a rebate there?

I am expecting a small reduction, the resorts were closed and staffing costs play a major part in dues, if they don't go down I will be supprrised, I cant see covid measures costing that much to us.
Old 9 Sep 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I’m expecting a slight increase on last years dues. If there is a reduction that will be very nice.

However I view Disney as experts on squeezing the last dollar from each and every Guest or Member so I’m not holding my breath. We have paid maybe 60% of our dues already.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I was paying a bit each month until the resorts closed. Now have it to one side. I might consider a lump payment soon, although my crepdit card company has a nasty habit of keeping a USD transaction 'pending' until the exchange rate suits them rather than me. Then get an adjusted payment a week later when the rate goes south.

On my last payment, I cleared it, then logged in to find they'd reposted the dues payment again and I owed another £10 😡 Should be illegal.
Old 10 Sep 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

I usually deposit some money each month in the 4 months leading up to Payment Day.
I will do the same amount this year as i also think Dues will not go down or be less to pay.
Disney will be trying to get every last penny out of us.

I would not expect anything else.

I have been choosing to fill their coffers for years now but have had so much joy from all that cost

Edited at 10:48 AM.
antietam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
I have been choosing to fill their coffers for years now but have had so much joy from all that cost
Agree with that, every penny going to Disney doesn't feel wasted.
Old 10 Sep 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We pay ours retrospectively anyway by direct debit, so are just carrying on as normal, I'm not expecting any significant reduction / credit.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List