Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Sep 17, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

MNSSHP - - Characters? Help please

Hi,

We have tickets for the Halloween party on Friday 13th October.

It will be me, DH and DD (5) and DS (3). Their favourite thing to do in Florida is collect autographs, I make them special books with different pages for all the characters and they just love it.

We are trying to figure out what to do on the night of the Halloween party and so I was wondering what characters are around on those nights.

My kids don't want to meet the villans or Jack and Sally. But apart from the Seven Dwarves I didn't know what other characters were there.

I'd like to be able to make a plan ahead of time to know what we will be aiming for once we arrive.

Anyone know what characters you can meet who aren't usually in the parks?

Thanks
Emma

Edited at 07:50 PM.
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Go early (or very late) for dwarves. They have long queues. We went 29/8 and they came out at 6.20. We queued from 5/5.30. They meet in a tent behind the tents in fantasyland near the station.

Moana near to jungle cruise
Lotso next to where buzz normally meets in tomorrowland
Eric and Ariel opposite little mermaid ride
Belle and gaston where gaston normally meets
Daisy Minnie and Donald meet in Halloween costumes
Jafar opposite camels
Genie and jasmine where Aladdin normally is

That's all I can remember right now, sure there is more
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by CazP View Post
Go early (or very late) for dwarves. They have long queues. We went 29/8 and they came out at 6.20. We queued from 5/5.30. They meet in a tent behind the tents in fantasyland near the station.

Moana near to jungle cruise
Lotso next to where buzz normally meets in tomorrowland
Eric and Ariel opposite little mermaid ride
Belle and gaston where gaston normally meets
Daisy Minnie and Donald meet in Halloween costumes
Jafar opposite camels
Genie and jasmine where Aladdin normally is

That's all I can remember right now, sure there is more
Thank you so much this is awesome!

We are debating the 7 dwarves at the moment. My son is only 3 and hyper, so long queues can be very challenging with him. So as much as we would like to meet them, I think its unlikely we will be able to manage it.

Thanks so much for the other character info. Now we'll be able to have a chat about which ones we will try and meet.
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

All the Winnie the Pooh characters are together in Halloween costume, they looked very cute! Think they were meeting near the teacups.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Talking Mickey Mouse is in the town theatre in his Halloween gear!

He was the only one we met. We were there on the 25th MNSSHP and the queues for characters were crazy so definitely if there is one you dong want to miss get in line early!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
All the Winnie the Pooh characters are together in Halloween costume, they looked very cute! Think they were meeting near the teacups.
We wanted to see them cos they're so cute. They're between teacups and Pooh's ride, where pooh and tigger normally meet
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by berniegroves View Post
We are debating the 7 dwarves at the moment. My son is only 3 and hyper, so long queues can be very challenging with him. So as much as we would like to meet them, I think its unlikely we will be able to manage it.
We had that challenge with a two year old last year and decided it was just too likely to make the rest of the evening a wash if we had to spend over an hour keeping him entertained in a queue when he could be doing all the things and seeing all the shows. So... we just walked by the dwarves rather than get in the queue. It was cool enough to him that he could see them all from afar and then off we went.

Admittedly we didn't have cute photos like in the queue, but it was a good compromise for us. We did just did two character meets at the Halloween party (Alice and the Hatter because we were dressed like Alice and the Hatter and Mickey because Mickey) and he managed to stay awake and happy for that plus the early parade, Hallowishes, the Monsters dance party, some trick or treating, and five rides, and we didn't make any of that feel rushed. Which amazes me because that sounds like SO much to my mind now but on the night it was fine!

Have a great time!
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Queen of hearts with tweedledum and tweedledee
Alice and mad hatter

Both near tea cups but in two separate queues