Old 11 Sep 17, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by traceyt View Post
Im sure it feels so much worse cos its night. I bet people cant wait for morning so that they can see exactly how bad it is.
Agree ... daylight makes a huge difference.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Kimbers
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Just heard from mum in Indian ridge.

She said it's been pretty noisy and scary but no obvious damage to house/pool (although she hasn't. Even outside of
Course) she said it feels like it is calming down at the moment so is doing to
Attempt a bit of sleep xz
Kimbers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill247 View Post
Just saw on another site photos of some huge trees down at the Poly! Hope the damage is minimal - I imagine as soon as it's safe to do so the Disney clear up crews will be out!
🙈 I'm staying there on Sunday 😬
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
elhowarth
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Currently at home constantly checking the news, the forum and Thomson's website to see if our flight will go ahead tomorrow.

It seems I won't be missing any bad weather wherever I am, as Manchester have got 70mph winds on the way with a chance of a power cut!

Hope everyone is safe and well out there! X
elhowarth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Friends of ours are in a condo near Championsgate - said even shut away inside there they could feel how powerful it was - still strong winds and rain but at least appears to be abating now.

We're now waiting to hear how things are in St Pete, Cape Coral and Sanibel/Captiva where we spent time in the summer.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

A school mum friend who flew into florida on Friday for their first florida holiday is safe at CBR
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Friends of ours are in a condo near Championsgate - said even shut away inside there they could feel how powerful it was - still strong winds and rain but at least appears to be abating now.

We're now waiting to hear how things are in St Pete, Cape Coral and Sanibel/Captiva where we spent time in the summer.
I'm waiting on news from Sanibel too. Though if you google Sanibel and Irma it's saying they think they got off quite light. However they're waiting to see what high tide brings later. We've got a beach front ground floor apartment booked for June next year. I had visions of it disappearing!
Not important in the grand scheme of things I know. There for the grace of God etc. We were over there exactly this time last year and just missed Matthew. It could have been so much worse. I'm glad Dibbers that are over there seem to have come through ok.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Just heard from dd. She's still got power and everything ok at her apartment. One of her friends has a cracked window but otherwise they're OK.
She's going back to sleep as its a lot calmer now.

They're in Disney accommodation near Vineland outlets
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Any news on when Disney will be open? I assume tomorrow?
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

Just heard from DS's GF at the Vistana. They're fine. It was very, very noisy but it's calmed right down. She's looked out and can't see any major damage. The car looks ok. There's tree branches and leaves everywhere but basically all superficial.
They have had power and Internet all along.
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List