Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jan 11, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by Ms Finkelstein View Post
Hi Colette!

WooHoo! The time has flown by, great to hear!

Good news that Chris has got a new best man, that'll be a load off your minds.

Am getting excited for you lol!

Di x
Hi Di

Time has flown hasn't it and this year is going to be busy busy busy for me! Have just read your latest trip report instalment! So funny, loved the 'random photo' taken hmmm! and love the Disney art too, I am dying to stay onsite and have the DDP. think that won't be for a good few years yet tho!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 11, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by col2501 View Post
Hi Di

Time has flown hasn't it and this year is going to be busy busy busy for me! Have just read your latest trip report instalment! So funny, loved the 'random photo' taken hmmm! and love the Disney art too, I am dying to stay onsite and have the DDP. think that won't be for a good few years yet tho!
Hi Colette!

Yes, hmm is right at the random photo lol! Glad you enjoyed it. You'd really like the DDP I'm sure - hopefully you'll get to experience it soon!

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 11, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post

not been on here for quite a few months as we have no florida trips to book as we have no money! Just had to come on and see how your wedding plans were coming along, and as i expected everything is ticketyboo, i will make sure i keep coming on and checking, i love reading your posts, xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 11, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi everyone

I haven't updated this thread for soooooo long, thought it was time to show you some other bits and update you...

well, next week we will be in double digits *gulp* since Christmas this year has flew by...stress levels are rising every day..and I can't believe we are nearly there!

My invites were delivered last week, love them, nice simple sparkly squares with lots of hearts on..so my wedding website has 'gone live' and so far seems to have been accepted well, lots of the daytime peeps have RSVP'd online already which is good... I'm starting on my evening invites next week... already had a few family issues and raised eyebrows but hey am trying to rise above and ignore...you can't please everyone and we are pretty much paying for this entire thing ourselves so if people don't like it...they can go elsewhere...!

Anyway..sorry...rant over..told you...stress levels and all that...

booked my 'final' fitting for my dress on July 4th - 8 weeks prior to the wedding so if alterations are needed and I'm hoping not...then I have time to try it on in August to check all okay. The last tiime I tried my dress on was February I think... I did put it on a separate thread but for any of you that hasn't seen it here we are...

Here

I have ordered a personalised Hanger for my dress and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it..! yes I will be Mrs Murphy... picture should be attached as thumbnail.

I ordered this from Carrie who is a Dibb advertiser and member (FLGIRL-UKNOW) She is organising gift baskets for the kids for our upcoming trip in October and has been so fabulous, I count her as a friend and we haven't even met yet, we keep each other going with support on weight loss and our various exercise classes we are doing at the moment!

My Tiara has been made bespoke for me and will be delivered very soon and I can't wait to see it again!

Am going to continue in next post for details of my hen do and what I have planned
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NYhanger.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	32461  

Colette
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014

Edited at 11:04 PM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 11, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
okay - the Hen do...
to be honest, I didn't want one...am really not that bothered and nothing appealed to me...I refuse to get dressed up in silly outfits and have L plates round my neck etc...I know boring... but actually not...I do love going out and getting as sozzled as the next girl i just didn't want an 'official' hen...

but my friends went on and on and I toyed with the idea of Chester Races briefly and then decided on a private dining event in a lovely restaurant in Liverpool, but still wasn't really bothered about the whole thing and private dining was coming in really really expensive!

sooooo I have instead hired a 2 bed New York style appt in the centre of Liverpool for one night, it's gorgeous...

Myself. my 2 bridesmaids and my best friend are staying there.

I have also arranged for a wine tasting company to come in and we will have a champagne cocktail tasting party for about 15 of us. We get to make our own cocktail, taste some different champagne and have fun quizes etc...

As it's an appt with a kitchen I wil be orderiing party platters from M&S, getting them delivered to the shop in Town and picking them up the afternoon of the hen. There will also be plenty of other alcohol for us to make our own cocktails once the wine tasting is over.

All non guests of the Appts have to leave by 10pm so we will be moving on to some more Liverpool bars for yet more cocktails!

I have attached a version of the invites I am sending out to my chicks - they will be personalised with Colette's Hen in the City and their name and all the details on the back. I'm also giving them all a personalised shot glass...anyone who knows me well knows that a night out with me is not complete until shots are involved!

Really excited about it now!

apologies that all the photos are attachments, I couldn't be bothered re-sizing and inserting them all properly ha!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NY1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	32462   Click image for larger version

Name:	NY2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	32463   Click image for larger version

Name:	NY3.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	32464   Click image for larger version

Name:	NY4.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	32465   Click image for larger version

Name:	NYInvite.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	32466  

Name:	NY Hen Night Shot Glass.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	32467  

Colette

Edited at 09:18 PM.
Old 23 May 11, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Love your dress! And that apartment is absolutely gorgeous! What a brilliant idea for a hen do! Your plans are coming together now! Almost in to double digits! Yay!
Old 23 May 11, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

gosh colette nearly at double digits wow, the plans are coming along fantatic and thats some apartment you have booked,
Old 25 May 11, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post

it all looks great, not long now
Old 25 May 11, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Hi Colette!

Can't believe it's getting so close now, almost DD!

Your dresses are gorgeous, and the plans for the hen night sound great! The apartment is WOW! Sounds like you'll all have a lot of fun!

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 11, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
liverbird
VIP Dibber

Wow Colette, it all sounds fantastic. Where is the apartment? It looks fab-u-lous - you are all going to have such a great time.