Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Aug 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

FP recommendations for MK

FP is today and wondering what to book as there arent any really standout rides for us in MK
Its just me and my fiance.
I will get Big Thunder as a FP
I definitely want to do Pirates and Haunted Mansion, but do they really need a FP?
Other than that im thinking to get Space Mountain
Would you get Big Thunder, Space Mountain and Pirates? And then queue for HM?

Is there anything im missing?

Thanks
skinnybaby is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Big thunder, Splash Mountain and Space Mountain!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Arrr thanks for the input, but i dont like Splash Mountain
skinnybaby is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Then Haunted mansion or 7 dwarves if you can get it!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by skinnybaby View Post
How can you not like splash mountain 😱

I would have said all the mountains too. If not you could get Seven dwarfs and then use the 4th fastpass after that for whatever else as haunted mansion and pirates we did on the day fastpasses for those.
There is buzz, laughing floor, philharmagic etc that are good for adults but then suppose depends when you last went
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

After refusing to go on it on numerous previous trips, I finally succumbed last year and loved it.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post

I usually use MK FP on the mountains as I have found them to be the most difficult to get on the day. There can be long queues for Haunted and Pirates and I wouldn't want to do them as standby, but you are more likely to get them as an additional FP.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
FP is today and wondering what to book as there arent any really standout rides for us in MK
Its just me and my fiance.
I will get Big Thunder as a FP
I definitely want to do Pirates and Haunted Mansion, but do they really need a FP?
If those are the rides you want to do then get fastpasses for them. There's no point getting fastpasses for rides you don't want to do, even if the queues for those other rides are longer.

That said, based purely on the current average wait times (from here), these are the *rides* I'd suggest fastpassing (starting with the longest standby wait time):

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Peter Pan
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Jungle Cruise
Buzz Lightyear
Big Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Winnie the Pooh

I haven't included any of the character meets and some of those meets do have long-ish lines (meeting Mickey Mouse has a longer queue than Big Thunder Mountain, for example). So consider fastpassing those if you want to meet them.

BTW, for some of the rides I've listed above, you'll be able to get fastpasses for them on the day as 4th or 5th fastpasses (i.e. after you've used the 3 fps you've booked).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:00 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List