Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Cowboys, Chicken and Country Music ~ Day 4

Cowboys, Chicken and Country Music
Day 4 ~ Celebrations, Champagne and Country Music ~ Mum's Birthday

Nick and I were up at 8.15am, got showered and dressed and then started setting up Mum’s presents, cards and decorations. Sophie and Dad came to help too. We used the kitchen island to put the presents on, we had colour co-ordinated them all in pink, purple and orange. We put all the pink, orange and purple presents on one side and her cards and the 50th Grey bear and wooden 50 sign I had got her on the other. In the middle on a stand was a little American bear and some badges. We put pink, purple and orange balloons all around with curly ribbon and birthday signs around the room. We put up a hanging 50 sign coming down from the stairs so she would have to walk through it as she came up and some 50 balloons by her room. We set the table up with 50 napkins, champagne glasses with orange juice, plates with strawberries and 50 confetti.

Outside Mum's bedroom

After we had finished, which was probably a few hours later, we got Mum up. She loved her sign as she came up the stairs and then the decorations, she really liked the colour scheme which I was glad of as it took me forever to decide on and then get everything for it.

Adventures of An Ex Cast-Member & Disney Virgin ~ Pre-trippie ;April-May 2008 ~ Villa, RPR, CSR (Trip Report); July/August 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Miami; January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; July 1998 - I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale - 2 weeks; Trippies; Our Spooky DLP Celebration ~ Halloween 2008; Cowboys, Chicken and Country Music ~ Tennessee Adventure 2008

Edited at 11:19 PM.
ariel2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 08, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews

She was quite amazed by all the decorations and all the pressies, she already felt so special, which is what we had hoped.
We had some pancakes and strawberries for breakfast which were really good and then Mum opened her presents and cards. She got a few little presents from my Aunty Lynn and then $1000 from my Grandma and Grandad which was really cool as it meant she could buy herself something really special. Then she opened our pressies. Dad brought her a Julie keyring from Chattanooga and a gold bracelet, and Sophie brought her a Tennessee hoodie, a Dollywood pen and car magnet all of which she loved. Sophie and I brought her a purse from accessorize and Kate (my older sister) and I got her a surprise pressie which she has to wait till September to find out what it is. We are taking her on a spa break, just the three of us which should be really nice and great to spend time the three of us. Nick and I got her a brown leather bag, an Animal bag, 2 Fat Face Tops and a Fat Face fleece, a clinique eyeliner, lancome mascara, Elizabeth Arden makeup set and a YSL Touche Eclait, all of which she loved and I also handmade her a card and put it in a handmade envelope.

Some of her pressies

Her card

And the envelope

And her opening it

Adventures of An Ex Cast-Member & Disney Virgin ~ Pre-trippie ;April-May 2008 ~ Villa, RPR, CSR (Trip Report); July/August 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Miami; January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; July 1998 - I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale - 2 weeks; Trippies; Our Spooky DLP Celebration ~ Halloween 2008; Cowboys, Chicken and Country Music ~ Tennessee Adventure 2008
ariel2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 08, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews

Then we gave her her main present from Kate, Sophie and I, a necklace from Tiffany’s. The necklace had 4 hearts which formed a four leaf clover and represents us three girls and her. She loved it so much she cried for ages, it was the perfect gift.

With her presents

After Mum had opened all her presents we got ready. Whilst she was upstairs Sophie and I covered her bed in flower confetti and filled her bath with the the 50th balloons, it looked really cool and Mum loved it. When we were all ready we drove over to Gatlinburg. We drove round for a bit trying to find Hard Rock Café and some parking. We got to see all the attractions including Ripleys, Ober Gatlinburg with the ski lifts and ariel tramway, the mini golf courses and more. We eventually found Hard Rock right at the start of the road, parked in the car park opposite and went in.

Inside Hard Rock

We originally planned just to get a cocktail but ended up getting lunch. Our waiter was really nice and helpful and was very nice to Mum about her birthday. We ordered some drinks, Nick had a Hurricane, Mum a Raz Rita and me an Exotic margarita, all we very good and all were in souvenir glasses. Dad had his usual beer and Sophie a Dr Pepper. For food, Mum had a haystack chicken salad, Dad had a cheeseburger, I had the nachos with pulled pork, Nick had the BBQ brisket sandwich and Sophie the kids BBQ chicken drumsticks.

My nacho's

Piggles enjoyed his dinner

We all loved the food, it was so good and so filling. I also got an alcoholic lemonade drink which had fresh raspberries in and was so good. Our waiter was really nice, he got us some beer mats of some of the Hard Rock Hotels around the world, making sure we had 2 of each.
Then he brought Mum an ice-cream with a candle in and announced to everyone about her birthday, she loved it and felt very special.

Old 11 Sep 08, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews

After our lovely dinner we went to the shop and brought some things, well quite a lot of things. A t.shirt, fridge magnet, pin and 2 shot glasses for me, a t.shirt for Nick and a hoodie, t.shirt and fridge magnet for Mum. We then drove back towards the cabin via a liquor store for some supplies. We drove to Sevierville where we had a surprise helicopter flight booked but when we got there the office was closed, no-one was around and the number we had had no reply. The weather had been really bad all morning, really rainy and dull which is why we had left it till now, which we had been told would be fine. Mum had also freaked out when she saw we were doing a helicopter so not a good start for it. Just as we were leaving the office a truck came in and 2 men went into the office so Nick and I went back in. One of the men got our tickets and asked us if we wanted to fly today or leave it till another day when hopefully it would be clearer, he suggested this as we had quite an expensive flight booked. We chose to do this and drove back to the cabin where we got ready quickly for Dixie Stampede. Us girls dressed up in checked shirts and denim and Nick had his cowboy hat, it was fun to dress up, although no-one else did. On the drive down the mountain we saw a beaver looking creature just down the road so we watched it for a while. It turned out to be a woodchuck, he was pretty cute.

When we got to Dixie Stampede we got our tickets, had some photos taken and then went into the Carriage Room for the pre-show which was country music. When we got in it was packed and all the seats were taken, there were so many people, both upstairs and down. We got our souvenir bootmugs with some frozen drinks and stood by the bar and watched the pre-show, it was quite good. We went and got some seats upstairs, we couldn’t see but it was nice to listen too.

Outside Dixie Stampede

The pre-show

We then entered the main room, it looked nice with a big sign lighted on the floor and an old southern house front. We had preferred seats on the South side so had a pretty good view, close to the stage. The show was very much the same as the one in Orlando but with some Longhorns at the beginning. The show was great and really interactive and fun and the food was delicious. We had creamy vegetable soup to start with a cheese biscuit, a whole chicken, pork loin, corn on the cob, and potato and apple turnover for dessert. Unfortunately the North won, but we still had fun.

After Sophie met the horses and a bit of shopping, where we got our cats cowboy hats and neckerchiefs each, we drove back to the cabin.

Outside Dixie Stampede

Old 11 Sep 08, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews

Sophie took Mum downstairs whilst we decorated the top floor with cowboy decorations to fit our evening. I had green, yellow and orange balloons and ribbon, an inflatable cactus, wanted posters, a saloon door and direction signs, it looked great. We then set up a bar with a bucket of beers, mini vodkas, tequila, sprite, orange juice and snacks of Pringles, nachos and dip, mini cookies, Hershey bars and reeces.

Old 11 Sep 08, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews
Mum loved it when she saw it and we all got some drinks and went and sat on the rocking chairs on the balcony for a while. Everyone had a party bag on their seat with a teddy, a dollywood pen, magnet and keyring, a smokey mountains souvenir, a reeces and a candy stick. They all loved it.

Margaritas

Party bag contents
Sophie's

Mum's

Dad's

Nick's

Mine

After sitting outside for a bit in the peace and quiet of the night air we all went in the hot tub. We had some champagne and talked about the day and holiday under a beautiful starry sky.

Typically as we left Dixie Stampede the weather cleared up finally and it turned out to be a beautiful, warm and clear night. After the hot tub we sat on the sofas eating snacks and talking before we finally collapsed into bed .

Old 11 Sep 08, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
wjd
Imagineer

wjd's Reviews
How spoilt has your mum been, you decorated the cabin lovely, what a great way to spend your birthday.

Forget the Prince on a horse, I want a VAMPIRE with a volvo.
wjd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 08, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Another wonderful day! What a brilliant birthday to give your mum

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 08, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wonderful day, your mum was certainly very very spoilt for her birthday
Old 12 Sep 08, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
The Durrigan's
VIP Dibber

Thumbs up

You guys are amazing, you really went that extra mile...I love the thought behind the Tiffany Necklace and I'm a guy.

Southern Dunes 1997, Rodeway Inn on I-Drive 1999, Rosen Plaza on I-Drive 2003, Tivoli Manor 2007, Windsor Hills Resort 2008, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2009, Espirit 2010, Highlands Reserve 2013, Dibb Villa Lindfields 2015, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2018, Dibb Condo Bahama Bay Resort + Disney Swan 2019
The Durrigan's is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List