Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 11 Oct 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Trumper
Trying for More Ears

Universal studios paper tickets

Hi we booked to go to Orlando with ocean Florida and also got the park tickets through them as well.We recently got our universal studios park tickets only for them to be printed out on a A4 piece of paper. Does anyone know if we can change these for a plastic card like the Disney park ones when we get there or do we have to take 4 A4 pieces of paper with us every time we want to go to the parks. Thank you
Trumper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trumper View Post
Hi we booked to go to Orlando with ocean Florida and also got the park tickets through them as well.We recently got our universal studios park tickets only for them to be printed out on a A4 piece of paper. Does anyone know if we can change these for a plastic card like the Disney park ones when we get there or do we have to take 4 A4 pieces of paper with us every time we want to go to the parks. Thank you
I don’t know if you can change them but we cut our gate ready e-tickets down to a quarter of the size and kept them in a plastic wallet.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Trumper
Trying for More Ears

I have just scanned the tickets on the universal app.Do you think i will need to take the paper tickets aswell.
Trumper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

I would take paper tickets as well. Do you have the Universal app on more than 1 device? If anything happens to the device, how would you get in the parks?

Having said this, I used only the app on my last solo trip, and was ok, although on one evening visit I had trouble getting the app the open the wallet part which was worrying.
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

I got my tickets from virgin and its literally an A4 sheet, how do I get this on the app?
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

If you will be using the lockers for rides (MiB, Hulk & Mummy May be others as well) you will need to scan your ticket at the locker to open it so with rides that you can’t bring anything on like Hulk you will need to have your ticket as phone will be in locker.
Universal will replace lost tickets if you have used them and have a note of the ticket number
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

I've emailed US about this previously as we also have A4 size tickets and they said yes, we can exchange them for wallet size tickets when we are there. I've also added our tickets on the app.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I had A4 printed tickets for my trip last month. When I got to the gate they scanned them and said I could just use those for my visits or if I preferred to get the 'normal' card ticket. They suggested using the guest services once inside the park as it was quieter than the one outside. I went to the one at IOA, it's just to the right after going through the ticket barriers. HTH

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

We had the A4 tickets, also used on the app, but one of our phones became ruined at discovery cove, so was lucky we kept the tickets. We then had a lemonade incident in one of the backpacks, ruining some of the tickets, went to guest services and they gave us 4 new small card type tickets, much easier to carry around in a lanyard.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

we had paper tickets and on the first night at universal we went to guest services and they changed them for card sized ones. They also advised taking a photo of the card in case you lost it, or it got soaked and was useless.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List