Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 10 Mar 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
probably not, but its worth checking HUKD and setting up an alert

hotukdeals/search?q=ooni

also, see what sort of discount you get off your first order via the ooni website by signing up to the mailing list for a discount code (assuming they are still offering that) - as i said, when i got mine last summer, i got 20% off my first order via the mailing list/signup

uk.ooni/
Yeah, we’ve signed up to the mailing list but no discount so far that I can see
Lizzim is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 21, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
We are considering getting an ooni - don't suppose there are any discounts available?
I got ours with a Black Friday discount code. I know it’s a while off but worth checking to see if they do others. John Lewis also sell them.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I got mine from Homebase in September 2019 when they were doing a 20% discount across the barbecue range.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Mobile

Finally had time to use my Ooni. So of course it had to rain so made a make shift pizza oven station down the side of my house.
Done quite well I think for first time. Well impressed with it.

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

done several cooks in the rain now... i can't wait to get my covered outdoor kitchen area built, hopefully itll be done by summer/lockdown easing
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Love this thread Wanye. Order a Roccbox and reading up ready for when I'm it arrives.

I might sneakily make some pizza dough and freeze it ready.

It's a gift for DH and he's the chef in the house, my skills end at opening the beer/wine 😂 but want him to be ready to use it when it arrives.

Do you use your pizza toppings frozen or do you defrost first? I'm thinking I can stash some in the freezer too.

Then just need to buy the gas bottle and cheese nearer the time.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Love this thread Wanye. Order a Roccbox and reading up ready for when I'm it arrives.

I might sneakily make some pizza dough and freeze it ready.

It's a gift for DH and he's the chef in the house, my skills end at opening the beer/wine 😂 but want him to be ready to use it when it arrives.

Do you use your pizza toppings frozen or do you defrost first? I'm thinking I can stash some in the freezer too.

Then just need to buy the gas bottle and cheese nearer the time.
okay... i can answer all of those and more. how long till it arrives? i'd try and start off with fresh dough if you can, but if we're talking a few weeks at least, it couldnt hurt to get some practice in making a couple of pizzas under your home grill first. get used to handling dough. if you're not too experienced, i'd start with a 60% hydradtion dough, and work your way up to 65%+ as you get more comfortable

the rest, i'll answer later, had a late night oncall and need to get some kip for a few hours...

in the meantime, if anyone else would like to add tips, feel free to join in!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

i'd start with a 60% hydradtion dough, and work your way up to 65%+ as you get more comfortable
when I read this first I missed out the word dough and thought you meant beer/wine hydration of your body, as I read that bit too from Blue nose post LOL
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

okay... i can answer all of those and more. how long till it arrives? i'd try and start off with fresh dough if you can, but if we're talking a few weeks at least, it couldnt hurt to get some practice in making a couple of pizzas under your home grill first. get used to handling dough. if you're not too experienced, i'd start with a 60% hydradtion dough, and work your way up to 65%+ as you get more comfortable

the rest, i'll answer later, had a late night oncall and need to get some kip for a few hours...

in the meantime, if anyone else would like to add tips, feel free to join in!
We've made dough before so not too bad with it. A lockdown favourite has been natural yoghurt and flour mix. Not sure where the idea came from but it worked! DH handles it and stretches ok while I'm watching on with a 🍷

I just want to either buy some frozen (but can't find any) or make some and freeze so when it arrives we're ready to go. Once we've got over the first few days DH can research and make his own (I'll share all your tips then).

Not sure when the Roccbox is arriving. DH birthday is end of April so if before then we won't use it and if after I'll be disappointed.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
We've made dough before so not too bad with it. A lockdown favourite has been natural yoghurt and flour mix. Not sure where the idea came from but it worked! DH handles it and stretches ok while I'm watching on with a 🍷

I just want to either buy some frozen (but can't find any) or make some and freeze so when it arrives we're ready to go. Once we've got over the first few days DH can research and make his own (I'll share all your tips then).

Not sure when the Roccbox is arriving. DH birthday is end of April so if before then we won't use it and if after I'll be disappointed.
check vito iacapelli's youtube channel, he's got a video about freezing dough you probably want to watch.

yoghurt is used a lot in middle eastern flatbreads, so not that wild a suggestion, i've been meaning to experiment with it more myself too. i think there may have been a recent milk street show where they made pizzas with yoghurt in the dough, ill see if i can dig it out