Notices

Old 18 Jul 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Missed it first time round. Sounds like a brilliant well considered plan, articulated and presented excellently.

Time to lay down some more memories, have a fantastic time.

Disney332
That is very kind!

As for California etc, we get up, dust ourselves down, hold onto the money and book something similar for next year.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We had 3 alternatives to fit in Niagara.

1. As in the trip next April.
2. Toronto, Niagara Detroit then Chicago and home.
3. Into Boston (really like Boston) at Autumn, then hit all of the New England States before driving across and finishing via Niagara and Toronto.

We have decided to do it this way and then do Detroit and Chicago as a separate vacation, flying down to some sun, possibly San Diego before coming home on a future vacation.

We tend to look for good flights, but they and then pad out the bits between day 1 and day finish, using planes trains and cars.
We've been to Boston and loved it...A very walkable city, we went in the winter and it was cold and there was lots of snow, but still fab. I'd like to get back to New England as I went as a teenager stayed in Mystic, Connecticut. From my research though it's all very expensive up there. So I need a bit more planning on that. I'll keep an eye out for a future trip report from you as I'm also "as tight as a very tight thing"

I'd not considered tying Toronto and Niagara in with an Orlando trip so you've inspired me there because we've also just had another Orlando trip cancelled and I'm pining at the mo for the Florida life.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We've been to Boston and loved it...A very walkable city, we went in the winter and it was cold and there was lots of snow, but still fab. I'd like to get back to New England as I went as a teenager stayed in Mystic, Connecticut. From my research though it's all very expensive up there. So I need a bit more planning on that. I'll keep an eye out for a future trip report from you as I'm also "as tight as a very tight thing"

I'd not considered tying Toronto and Niagara in with an Orlando trip so you've inspired me there because we've also just had another Orlando trip cancelled and I'm pining at the mo for the Florida life.
I work out ‘tie ins’ by convenience of city to airport, flight times and of course, money. That can be seen in my trip reports and increasingly, my cancelled pre trip reports of which there are now three!
All are linked in my signature.

We were in Boston in 2019 August. It was a really prosperous, clean, friendly and welcoming city. We particularly enjoyed the freedom trail.
We saved a great deal of money by staying on a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom boat, very close to the Old City Centre. There is a trippie in my signature that may appeal to you, given our common aversion to wasting dollars!

The area is expensive, but I liken a few days in Boston to a few days in, say Universal studios when you add up the tickets, plus a night in HRH or RPR. Which is cheaper?

We then caught the AMTRAC down to NY, a plane to Dayton OH, then a car hire down to Cincinnati, then a plane into Orlando, then a car hire down the Gulf Coast to Miami. All hand baggage only and in 21 days.. awesome!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:09 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

And now.. this is the very next vacation in my diary!

My California, Arizona, Nevada trip for 18 August 2021 was cancelled by BA this morning!
Ouch !
As you know we are still hanging on by a thread for a similar AZ trip a few weeks later although we aren’t restricted by school holidays so I’m hoping it might still happen this year even if we have to bump the dates. If it doesn’t I’ve noted that currently flights to Vegas next June are £200 pp more on BA for business class than our current PE flights if we change our departure point from Gatwick to Dublin ! With plenty of cheap flights to Dublin and family there it’s definitely a lemonade out of lemons scenario.

I loved Boston too , love that it’s so walkable. Stayed with friends in the Italian district (who at the time owned a movie memorabilia store there, I could have spent the entire week just rummaging through the shelves and boxes in the store)

Edited at 10:34 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

I love your trip reports! Sounds like it will be another fantastic trip.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Thankyou for that, sbuck93.

We like to try and make the trips a little ‘outside the box’ and also, I try to inject some humour into the reports… let’s hope that this one goes live!

Old 20 Mar 22, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Well, I am finally just 17 days from travel and for the very first time, I am very confident I will get there, given that by pure luck, COVID things have all fallen in to place for me.. and just in time!

1 Travelling to Toronto as of 01 April is now a doddle.. no pre flight rapid antigen tests, just roll up and step aboard. They random sample a few with a PCR test on arrival at Toronto, but with no need to quarantine whilst awaiting results.
2. Entering the USA is now simple, with people on foot, not subjected to any COVID tests at all. Crossing the rainbow bridge should be simple.
3. Flying from Buffalo to Orlando is a domestic USA flight and is thus not subject to Covid testing.. just as wellI am not flying down from Toronto as a test would have been required!
4. Flying home from Miami is not subject to pre flight Covid testing either.

As I said, more by luck than judgement, all systems now appear to be go!

My next entry will be the commencement of my Trip Report proper, when we make our way from Falmouth to Heathrow on 07 April!

Edited at 12:11 PM.
Old 30 Mar 22, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

8 days to lift off.. I hope!

Well, it would seem that the baggage handling mechanics are now considering a strike 8-10 April at LHR. After all my previous cancellations, this comes as no surprise at all.

I must also add that my son, Techdan has become a DIBBER and created his own trip report of his (early) 2020 School visit to Toronto, that inspired us as we booked this vacation .. (not that I am advertising). https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1219161

Edited at 12:35 PM.
Old 30 Mar 22, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
8 days to lift off.. I hope!

Well, it would seem that the baggage handling mechanics are now considering a strike 8-10 April at LHR. After all my previous cancellations, this comes as no surprise at all.

I must also add that my son, Techdan has become a DIBBER and created his own trip report of his (early) 2020 School visit to Toronto, that inspired us as we booked this vacation .. (not that I am advertising). https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1219161
I have everything crossed for you, I really enjoy your trip reports. 😁 I am off to read your son’s Toronto TR!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List