Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Like all of us I’ve had loads of trips cancelled and then once able I took a trip to Spain in 2020 and I enjoyed it and it was far far easier than travel now despite being double vaccinated plus a booster.
I have managed to have another Spanish trip, two DCL staycations plus a trip to Canada but getting my head around all the different regulations to travel, who requires which test in which timescale and then uploading everything is a faff no denying it!
However, for me it isn’t that alone that bothers me.
In January 2022 I have a trip to Antigua booked, and in March a DCL Panama Canal Cruise. Plus other trips later on.
So are these going to happen? No idea could Boris suddenly lock us down again despite saying he won’t just like Christmas last year? Could Boris suddenly put various countries back on a red list or whatever it will be called?
Then if other countries continue to stay unlocked the cruise will sail not be cancelled but if our rules change I just won’t be on it so then there is untangling everything through insurance!
So I’m just as worried if not more so about that element than testing positive!
I met my friend for lunch yesterday and she has not long got back from Iceland she loved the country but hated the worry over travel and has no intention of travelling again out of the uk!
I must be more of a risk taker so am ploughing on but that’s probably because at 68 years old I feel as if I don’t have time to not go and just wait until maybe one day all this stuff will become easier and we can all go back to stress free holidays.
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

I’m glad I’m not the only one, not too fussed about going abroad anymore, we have a trip
to Rhodes booked next May for a family wedding, not really looking forward to it. I think mine is because I had a dreadful gallbladder attack back in January and am still waiting for my operation to remove it. I’ve been really lucky not to have anymore bad flare ups but think this is adding to my hesitation about going abroad. 😩
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
It’s slowly come to dawn on me over the past weeks/months that I have absolutely no interest in traveling anymore.
I have a big birthday coming up in the next few weeks and our plan was to go to California next year as a birthday trip.
As time has gone on I have begun to dread the thought of going abroad more and more.
It’s so weird as pre Covid I always had a holiday booked or planned. I just don’t know what has flicked that switch in me.
Am I even allowed to post on here anymore?🙈😂
I am not sure if I have lost my love of travel or gained a massive fear/mental block about it.
Two Florida trips cancelled so now re booked for 2022 which is more expensive yet with less incentives (no 21 day Disney tickets, no DDP and no FP like our original booking)
I am literally too scared to plan 🙈 I can’t venture onto the planning section on here, I know nothing about this genie situation (apart from what my husband has told me)
We have had a rubbish 12 months, one thing after another then all this covid situation making everything twice as bad. So it all feels like too much. My children are desperate to go back and I don’t want to promise next year will happen because I have no faith it will 😢
My word I sound miserable 🙈🙈
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
I must be more of a risk taker so am ploughing on but that’s probably because at 68 years old I feel as if I don’t have time to not go and just wait until maybe one day all this stuff will become easier and we can all go back to stress free holidays.
This is how we feel at 66 - yes we hate the uncertainty and the testing etc but we've 'lost' 2 years and I'm still in full planning mode. DLP this month, a Caribbean cruise in March, 3+ weeks in Orlando and a cruise next Sept ...
DH is finally retiring before Xmas so we're hoping to have lots of trips (home and away) while we can
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had 5 holidays cancelled in what should have been a big celebration year in 2020. We did a shirt trip to Dublin a few weeks ago and that was stressful in the preparation but it did revitalise our ideas for more
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Borderbairn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Me too you are not alone .
Having had 2 Florida 2 cruises 2 Maine and a lapland trip cancelled I've lost my excitement too.
We are going on a canaries cruise in just under 3 weeks , weve done the API and ordered the covid tests but we need a PLF for the trip and hotel/airport parking but I've no interest in looking for that.
Our Florida trip is rebooked for May and I'm getting the black Friday discovery cove tickets today but I feel if it's all cancelled again then I wouldn't care. This is not like me at all, I live to travel so it's quite unsettling.
We're on the same cruise 🛳 After a slow build up because I was reluctant to get too excited due to disapppointment with previous cancellations, I am now taking a que sera sera approach. I decided to enjoy every moment leading up to the cruise instead of worrying about 'will it happen' To that end I got the suitcases out, planned what's going in them, done all the paperwork I can, and booked everything that I need to. All I have to do now is lose a stone but I think I may have left it a bit late 😅

Southern Dunes 2006 & 2007 Highlands Reserve & Hard Rock Hotel May & Sep 2008 The Sanctuary West Haven 2009 Freedom of the Seas & Doubletree Resort 2010 Highlands Reserve May 2012 Windsor Hills 2014 New York 2016
Borderbairn is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
This is how we feel at 66 - yes we hate the uncertainty and the testing etc but we've 'lost' 2 years and I'm still in full planning mode. DLP this month, a Caribbean cruise in March, 3+ weeks in Orlando and a cruise next Sept ...
DH is finally retiring before Xmas so we're hoping to have lots of trips (home and away) while we can
I hope that we all get everything that we have planned and aren’t so stressed out that we can’t enjoy it lol!
With my trip to Canada I must have re calculated the timescale to take my fit to fly PCR so many times, and asked Alexa and Siri to verify my calculations who were useless that in the end I asked my daughter who gave up who asked her husband with a nuclear physics degree who finally said yes I was fine !
I know that I’m 68 but once upon a time I could deduct 72 from a time with no problem whatsoever but this time I felt as if I couldn’t even subtract 10-8 and come up with the correct answer 🤣🤣🤣!
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Thanks all xx
I have a few days in London booked in a couple of weeks. I am not as excited as I would have been pre-Covid but I am not anxious about it and I know I will enjoy it. I feel comfortable with it because I travel to London quite a bit so its really familiar to me. I have got some lovely restaurants booked and plan to do a bit of Christmas shopping and plenty drinking of cocktails.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Thanks all xx
I have a few days in London booked in a couple of weeks. I am not as excited as I would have been pre-Covid but I am not anxious about it and I know I will enjoy it. I feel comfortable with it because I travel to London quite a bit so its really familiar to me. I have got some lovely restaurants booked and plan to do a bit of Christmas shopping and plenty drinking of cocktails.
Have a great time. Once you’ve done it I’m sure that you will look back on it and wonder why you were worried.
Old 12 Nov 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I was exactly like this too - lost all interest in going on our trip. I was full of anxiety and started to feel that travel wasn’t worth it anymore with all of the testing and paperwork. The total opposite to the person I was pre-pandemic who lived to travel. However, Now that I’m in Orlando - I’ve realised how much I have missed travel. I am absolutely loving it and all the stress and hassle has gone. I’m hoping this means that I’m back in the travel zone and can enjoy planning our trips for next year a lot more. There will still be a lot of uncertainty but I think this trip is showing me that if we do make it then it’s 100% worth it.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List