Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 16 Nov 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Not sure what you meant by the phrase "lady man standing" or whether that was a typo?

Anyway, DW and I watched Jungle Cruise at the weekend. We enjoyed it. It wasn't amazing or anything like that, but it wasn't bad either. Acting was good, effects were fairly decent, humourous in parts with some entertaining action, and Jack Whitehall wasn't too annoying. Worth watching if you like the POTC or Indiana Jones films (although it wasn't as good as either of those).
It was a typo! 🙈 should have been last man standing. Sometimes my phone likes to join in with my conversation 🙄 sorry about that! 🤣
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Not a film but a series on Netflix: Midnight Mass. The arrival of a charismatic young priest brings glorious miracles, ominous mysteries and renewed religious fervor to a dying town desperate to believe.

Go into it blind, like I did. I could not stop watching and binged all 7 episodes in 1 day!
We watched this over the last couple of nights on this recommendation and absolutely loved it! Cheers!

We also watched the new Tom Hanks film, Finch, a few nights ago and really enjoyed it.

Edited at 05:04 PM.
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Midnight mass traumatised me I couldn’t stop thinking about it after it ended!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Saw Spencer at the pics last night….really unusual and almost pitched as a horror as weird as that may sound given the subject matter! Imagine The Crown blended with Black Swan! Really enjoyed it tho.
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

Midnight Mass isn't something I'd normally choose to watch but flicking through Netflix I liked the music on the trailer. Hooked me in and we binged it over 2 or 3 nights. Saying I enjoyed it is wrong but I couldn't stop watching it so I guess I did 😂

Last film I watched was, again on Netflix, Father Christmas is Back. My husband chose it. I think it was to get me back for choosing a cheesy Christmas film on Sunday.

Do I recommend Father Christmas is Back? It's 105 minutes of my life that I will never get back 🙄
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 05:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Watched the 2003 movie, Secondhand Lions, with Michael Caine, Robert Duval and Haley Joel Osment - what a canny feelgood movie.
Old 17 Nov 21, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
Last film I watched was, again on Netflix, Father Christmas is Back. My husband chose it. I think it was to get me back for choosing a cheesy Christmas film on Sunday.

Do I recommend Father Christmas is Back? It's 105 minutes of my life that I will never get back 🙄
I’ve watched the trailer and as much as I love Christmas films I am not going to bother watching that 🤣🤣

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I have finished Maid on netflix, its a series not a film though. I really really liked it
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Love Hard on Netflix.
I don’t normally watch stuff like this but it’s lighthearted and funny so gave it a go and enjoyed it.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Watched toy story 4 at the cinema 2 years ago .
Best film I have seen at the cinema in last 30 years .
Oh hang on .
Only film I have seen at the cinema in the last 30 years .
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List