Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 29 Nov 21, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
notorious
Earning More Ears

Have Virgin pulled out of Man-Atlanta?

After having summer flights from MAN-LAX cancelled, Ive just looked at my MAN-ATL flights for May 2022 and the flights VS110/109 no longer appear to be on sale? I’ve looked on seatspy for the route and nothing is showing from March 2022 onwards for the rest of the year. I hope its just a bug and I’m wrong.
notorious is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

VS cancelled their direct Man to Atl flights for November and December. I only know this as we were due to fly Man to Atl to RSW on the 1st Nov and VS cancelled giving us other options. KLM and Air France, on the VS website, were offering Man to Atl via Europe. I can only guess VS have cancelled further into 2022 and you'll need to call or rebook via their website.
Old 29 Nov 21, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Pulled out until Autumn 2022 at the earliest apparently, shortage of aircraft in the fleet.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsTitch
Proud to wear my Ears

We’re flying indirect man-Atlanta-Tampa in august and it’s still showing on my booking but I can’t see any flights Manchester to Atlanta - is it inevitable that there going to cancel my flight!
MrsTitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
notorious
Earning More Ears

I found a tweet from a travel consultant stating Virgin will be operating the Man-Atl winter schedule up until March 27th 2022 but not after that.
notorious is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re booked on VS109 for April 30th and it’s still showing on the app but when I’ve looked online there aren’t any flights Man- ATL on our date or any dates around that time the only one is via JFK with a 5 hour layover or direct the following day but obviously more expensive.
Old 28 Dec 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Has anyone with flights booked on cancelled MAN-ATL flights managed to change their flights or get a refund? We don’t travel until May, but want to know, as wondering if we will be offered a refund of our trip or if we need to change dates/destination (we’re booked MAN-ATL/MCO-MAN, using miles).

Edited at 09:53 PM.
skalexander is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve got MAN - ATL booked on points in September. I’ve just checked and the flights aren’t showing 😡 I’ve also got Delta flights booked separately onwards to MCO, but they’re not refundable, otherwise I’d try and change to LDN to MCO. As it is now we’re looking at 2 changes each way and very long days.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I wasn’t going to phone Virgin due to long queues, but as it’s later in the day I thought I’d try. I got through very quickly, and spoke to a helpful gentleman who, having made some enquiries, can see direct flights are not on sale from 27 March and has been told the route is “under review” but couldn’t tell me anymore.

He was very apologetic, and appreciated that knowing sooner than later is desirable, but could only suggest I keep an eye on my booking on the Flying Club website. He did say emails are usually sent out as well.
Old 29 Dec 21, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
notorious
Earning More Ears

I called a few weeks ago and was told nothing can be done until the flight is cancelled. I asked the rep when the flight might show as cancelled and she advised that cancellations go out on a Thursday. I asked which Thursday and she replied any Thursday.