Notices

Old 30 Nov 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by linnite View Post
Yes, and you may well have beautifully proven the writer's point. If you read to the end of the article...
I get the point which is why I was confused that the quote was the only thing noted. It didn't make sense to me.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Yes, and you may well have beautifully proven the writer's point. If you read to the end of the article...
Yes - the quote is from ‘Anne of the Island’ by LM Montgomery.

Willy Loman is from ‘Death of a Salesman’ by Arthur Miller.

‘An Inspector Calls’ is by JB Priestly (and it’s ironic that it’s referenced here, if you know the play and the author’s politics, which are very different from those of the Spectator).

Oscar Wilde is nothing to do with the rest of the sentence.

It’s a deliberate mishmash to make the author’s point.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Let us know what the Southbank was like….enjoy 💜

Disney332
It was pants! Definitely not worth a special trip. Just expensive dodgy looking hot dogs.😂
Just deciding whether to bother with Selfridges Christmas Market but currently comfy in the Rock Royalty lounge with a bottle of wine.🤣

Edited at 04:16 PM.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Oh, shame! There are usually several different collections of stalls, starting near the Eye and going all the way down to the Globe. Plus there is usually a whole section with a festival tent with live entertainment. And the Rekorderlig lounge too.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
As an old East Londoner we never ventured Sarf of the River... Oooooh nooo... in anycase we have much better OUR SIDE of the River ! I mean you seen the Tower of London? Ok ... we share Tower Bridge... OK... they have a battleship and a nice Tea Clipper BUT we also have the best Pubs... Prospect of Whitby (Wapping) in case you are wondering... best London pub ever... Yup our side is the BEST !

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Harry View Post
As an old East Londoner we never ventured Sarf of the River... Oooooh nooo... in anycase we have much better OUR SIDE of the River ! I mean you seen the Tower of London? Ok ... we share Tower Bridge... OK... they have a battleship and a nice Tea Clipper BUT we also have the best Pubs... Prospect of Whitby (Wapping) in case you are wondering... best London pub ever... Yup our side is the BEST !
I knew you were an EastEnder!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
icf75
Excited about Disney

I see that the regulations on masks expire on 20th December, and I assume they would have to be brought before Parliament again for any extension.

Regardless of anyone's opinion abotu masks themselves surely it has to be a good thing that these regulations aren't left open ended and are subject to regular scrutiny.
Parliament is in recess
icf75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
It was pants! Definitely not worth a special trip. Just expensive dodgy looking hot dogs.😂
Just deciding whether to bother with Selfridges Christmas Market but currently comfy in the Rock Royalty lounge with a bottle of wine.🤣
Update: I’ve swapped to Prosecco and they’ve brought out the cakes. Market? ….what market…? 😁
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Update: I’ve swapped to Prosecco and they’ve brought out the cakes. Market? ….what market…? 😁
Ohhh Hello 💕💕💕
This makes a nice change from talking about masks 🤦🤷
Enjoy MP 😋😋
Old 30 Nov 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Oooh those raspberries!