Notices

Old 14 May 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ooh can I come? Can I come? Would love some cocktails with you both at RPR, or anywhere really!
Of course Abby, I can do drinks at RPR or anywhere in Orlando in August 2022 but i am happy to do a U.K. catch up this year - we could call it a ‘planning meeting’ or alternatively ‘cocktails’

Edited at 07:52 PM.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oooh me, me, me please! I would love to have a mini Dibb meet this year.
Alicia absolutely! We just need to pick a day that fits around everyone’s trips. So exciting xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Kat, can you believe our countdowns are down to 11 weeks? Eek. I've still not booked flights, but I do have 5 nights at CBR plus the tickets and I've done park reservations. But all that was done in July 2020 when the trip for that summer was cancelled. I haven't had the guts to book anything else. I'm fully prepared for flight prices to sky rocket, but I have 3 of the BA Amex 2 for 1 vouchers and at the moment there is loads of availability out there. So I'm not ruling it out. But i don't want to jinx it by booking anything or starting a pre trip. Hence me hijacking Michelle's pre trip.

Keep positive, it feels like things are getting back to normal even if it is slowly.
Of course you can come Abby! I really hope you get to go if you can!? Have you thought about at least adding on your two free nights at CBR to make it 7 nights? Might be worth it... you know, just in case. 🤞🏼

I’m up and down like a yo-yo! My emotions are like 4 seasons in one day at the moment.

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Of course you can come Abby! I really hope you get to go if you can!? Have you thought about at least adding on your two free nights at CBR to make it 7 nights? Might be worth it... you know, just in case. 🤞🏼

I’m up and down like a yo-yo! My emotions are like 4 seasons in one day at the moment.

Kat x
Feels like tempting fate to make any changes! LOL. Sounds ridiculous to write that as it's 2 free nights. I've also got credit at David's DVC and every now and then I look at their last minute bookings, they have a few for August that are tempting but it would be money down the drain if we can't go as they are non refundable if I use them (or at least credit down the drain), they're valid until 2022 so will get used eventually.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Of course Abby, I can do drinks at RPR or anywhere in Orlando in August 2022 but i am happy to do a U.K. catch up this year - we could call it a ‘planning meeting’ or alternatively ‘cocktails’
I love the idea of a 'planning' meeting 🤣

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
So it has been a busy morning 😁 I managed to get onto Disney (only a 90min wait!) to change our 2021 dates for 2022. I really wanted POFQ however they don’t currently have it, so I have booked POP and will change it if they release availability for POFQ. The price was basically the same as our last year postponement but with the added bonus of the Dining Credit which I think was about $300ish.

We have decided to skip New York and just focus on Orlando, so this trip will be a little different from what we originally planned. Here goes:

Fly from Manchester to Tampa with Virgin

Have one night in a hotel near the Tampa airport (still to be booked)

4 nights at Inn on 5th in Naples (this was booked and paid for in 2020)

7 nights at RPR as per our 2020 booking

4 nights at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando (we used our refund from BA for the Wellington Hotel in NYC to pay for a Suite here as I want to try Bull and Bear for dinner)

9 nights at Disney POP Resort

Disney uploaded our booking immediately so I have booked our park days for Disney already, sorry no spreadsheet yet 😂 just handwritten notes! I am super excited for everyone that is going this year (I can’t wait for all the trip reports!) and I feel great knowing that our trip next year is all ready to go. Just need to sort car hire and change our Discovery Cove dates to 2022. 🥳

Edited at 09:52 PM.
Old 25 May 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
A quick update, have just rebooked Club Level at RPR for 7 nights - yay!

This means we are totally available for cocktails/wine Kat, Abby and Alicia.

Edited at 02:51 PM.
Old 25 May 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
A quick update, have just rebooked Club Level at RPR for 7 nights - yay!

This means we are totally available for cocktails/wine Kat, Abby and Alicia.

Omg it looks lovely in the club lounge, it’s changed from 2016 when we were there last. Are those cocktails available in there? I imagine not as they look too good! 😂

What dates are you going now? I’ve been pricing for next year too and would definitely look to be booking RPR.

We originally had POP booked for this year after having FQ cancelled in 2020 then swapped to CSR tower when the free nights offer came up as it was better value but POP looks really nice!

We are hoping to still get there this year and will be on that plane if the US goes green and Joe lets us in!

For the first time today I’ve been pricing up a regular Spanish holiday just in case but I’m not really feeling the love to be honest.

Your new trip sounds fab, we might do NY separately next year to Orlando and hopefully use up our virgin points if it’s a no go this year?

Kat

Edited at 03:10 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Omg it looks lovely in the club lounge, it’s changed from 2016 when we were there last. Are those cocktails available in there? I imagine not as they look too good! 😂

What dates are you going now? I’ve been pricing for next year too and would definitely look to be booking RPR.

We originally had POP booked for this year after having FQ cancelled in 2020 then swapped to CSR tower when the free nights offer came up as it was better value but POP looks really nice!

We are hoping to still get there this year and will be on that plane if the US goes green and Joe lets us in!

For the first time today I’ve been pricing up a regular Spanish holiday just in case but I’m not really feeling the love to be honest.

Your new trip sounds fab, we might do NY separately next year to Orlando and hopefully use up our virgin points if it’s a no go this year?

Kat
Sorry Kat, I saw the cocktail pics on the internet and couldn’t help myself you are correct, they are not from RPR Club Level! Perhaps I should have used this pic instead!

We are doing 11th - 18th August, i know it is forever away but I have plenty of spare holiday planning time on my hands at the moment!

That is too funny, I really wanted POFQ again but it just isn’t available currently. I think you will have a great time at CSR. We have stayed at POP before, it is cheap and cheerful and I love that you can walk over to AOA food court for a change of scenery. That being said, if they release POFQ I may still change hotels.

I really do hope that everyone gets their American trips this year, hopefully as the vaccine process rolls out they will feel more confident about opening borders safely. It just can’t be like this forever.

I feel the same way about Sissi in Crete, I know it will be lovely, it just isn’t the trip I planned for and missed out on twice. However I will be super thankful to be able to go anywhere this year!

We said the same thing, as much as I wanted to do NYC in this trip, we have vouchers and points to use up and would happily do NYC as a stand alone trip. Xx
Old 25 May 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
It sounds like your trip is going to be awesome, 7 nights at RPR, plus the waldorf astoria and the 9 nights at Disney. It's going to be an epic trip .

I kind of feel in limbo still...if I'm really honest I can't see our trip this summer going ahead , but on the other hand I haven't cancelled yet as It seems ridiculous that we will have lost 2 summers of trips ...I'm disappointed about not having free dining offers for next year ...do I want to stay onsite without free dining? heck no, but then again...

So, I'm somewhat undecided

If our trip does go ahead this summer and I get my wdw fix, then I'm thinking of a Cali adventure next year, but if this summer doesn't happen then the lure of wdw will be strong and I can't see me wanting to go anywhere else . Aaahhh I'm all of a quandary and not sure what will end up happening.