Notices

Old 21 Apr 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rossalino View Post
Sounds fantastic - looking forward to your updates
Thank you! Hopefully will be able to update soon on the actual wedding as I was in touch with the Sandbar yesterday and will hopefully put a deposit down this week

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thats great, thank you for the info. I think we'll probably go in person too as we'll have a few days spare before the wedding.
Thank goodness they don't need to see divorce papers as even though I know where mine is, Jim hasn't the foggiest where his ended up in various house moves!
We made a morning of it , we were staying at the Boardwalk , had a character breakfast with my adult son at BC then had a car pick us up and take us to Oscolea and wait and take us back via Publix to order our cake so everything was done.
We moved to a villa for the wedding week , loved the extra space for getting ready and the pool party back at the villa afterwards.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

It sounds absolutely fabulous Alicia! Xxx
Old 21 Apr 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh I just loved reading through this, what an amazing trip you have coming up! Thank you so much for sharing all the details, this has got me craving an Orlando holiday more than ever! AMI is on my bucket-list too so can't wait to hear more about your time there
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

Your plans sound amazing, we have been to AMI a couple of times and love the sandbar, seen several weddings there in the evening, I’m sure it’ll be just perfect.

We stayed in a lovely 4 bed called beachy blue on our last trip in 2018, slightly more central than north of the island I guess, but it’s worth looking at. Look forward to following your trip.

We’re hoping to go back next year too, but just seeing how things play out over the next few months.
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for starting this up so that we can share your plans and excitement
Getting married at AMI is a dream: looking forward to hearing more as you finalise plans for your amazing family holiday and celebration
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This is going to be your best BIG trip ever.

I loved seeing all the photos from previous trips haven't all the kids grown. Wow! And how lovely that your sister and family will be coming too.

I reckon having two villas is a better choice, a bit of a bolt hole for anyone who wants some rest and time away from the fun. It sounds like you're all going to have your ideal trip with Jim and the other chaps off playing golf, you get to have fun at Disney and then the big kids off to Universal. I'm sure you will all have fun every evening, telling eachother about your day while enjoying a drink at the villa and a soak in the pool.

I'm so excited to follow along with your plans for your wedding on your favourite place in the whole world. I'm so happy for you, I'm sure you will have a wonderful wedding day and I hope to see a few more sunset photos from the wedding day.

Xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
It sounds absolutely fabulous Alicia! Xxx
Thank you Karen, we can't wait! xx

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Oh I just loved reading through this, what an amazing trip you have coming up! Thank you so much for sharing all the details, this has got me craving an Orlando holiday more than ever! AMI is on my bucket-list too so can't wait to hear more about your time there
Thank you Lisa. You absolutely have to go to AMI when you next visit Orlando, you'll love it! Congratulations on the baby, I noticed on your Instagram the other day you were expecting again. I bet Charlie is so excited to be a bug brother!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 27 Apr 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LauraE View Post
Your plans sound amazing, we have been to AMI a couple of times and love the sandbar, seen several weddings there in the evening, I’m sure it’ll be just perfect.

We stayed in a lovely 4 bed called beachy blue on our last trip in 2018, slightly more central than north of the island I guess, but it’s worth looking at. Look forward to following your trip.

We’re hoping to go back next year too, but just seeing how things play out over the next few months.
Thank you Laura. The Sandbar is such a popular spot for a wedding, we really hope it will be perfect.

I'll definitely look into that house as we haven't ruled out anywhere yet. There isn't a bad spot on the whole island, it's hard to narrow it down!

I hope you get back there soon, fingers crossed the world looks a lot better by next year!

IG - alicialanesmith