Old 7 Jul 21, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Will we get there? Mallorca July 2021. Day 3

Today started at 7.30am, as with most holidays like this the days are getting a bit repetitive. Lovely and relaxing for us but not so great for a trip report.

We head to breakfast not long after 8 and had the usual bits though i forgot to take photos.

We head to the pool next where Edith enjoyed herself for a while before Aaron and I took turns in swimming with her before i took her to do the aqua aerobics which she enjoyed.

As lunch time neared, we walked to the nearby Illa D'or, an upmarket seafront hotel and had lunch on their terrace. We shared another club sandwich and some nachos. I also had my first Pina Colada of the trip. My absolute favourite (but so high in calories).

We head back to the hotel for a nap next as we were flagging. Everyone by Edith slept, she refused point blank and watched TV for an hour instead.

Later on we all go ready and grabbed a taxi into the main square. It was only €4 so that's probably the way forward on these very hot days to save Edith's little legs. We wondered round and found the restaurant we had loved back in 2018. We decided to eat there but as it was a bit too early we went back to Cafe 1919 for a drink first. Edith said she was hungry so we got her some strawberries and cream to tide her over till dinner.

Back to the restaurant and we went all put. Bread and alioli, chicken wings and an empanda and then Aaron had a burger and I had the honey mustard pork shoulder. It was all. Edith has spaghetti bolognese again. Delicious.

We had planned to walk home but time was getting away from us so we grabbed a taxi again. Not before getting a gorgeous fro yo though.

We made it back in time for Edith's disco. As usual, she acted like a maniac before and after but stood completely still during the main half hour when given any instruction.

abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Really enjoying your trip report Abi - it may feel repetitive to you but it’s all we’ve got 😆

Your holiday is bringing back so many happy memories of when our 2 were small 😃 I did laugh and kiddy disco reference 💃🕺🏻 Rosie was livid (age 5) when her little brother (age 3) won best mini dancer! Serves her right for just standing there lol

You are managing to find some lovely restaurants!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Your report is a breath of fresh air! We loved Puerto Pollensa and your writing is bringing back some great memories of holidays when the children were small - mini discos and strawberries & cream!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Strawberries and Cream, the mini disco and sunny days. What could be better, enjoy!
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a gorgeous family holiday 😍
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

It’s not too boring for a trip report. It’s lovely to read about a family having fun in the sun. Funny to read about you having to get back for the mini disco-brings back memories of our pre Florida holidays!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh that food looked delicious, what a lovely day!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Please keep posting I'm loving reading it and it's lovely to see people away away
Old 7 Jul 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another lovely day and those strawberries and cream look delicious
Old 7 Jul 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Really enjoying your trip report, food and cocktails look gorgeous. Living vicariously through you, things are getting better x
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List