Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 17 Nov 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Taking a child’s friend away on holiday.

I said the other day I wasn’t bothered about going on holiday but today I have found myself booking flights to Gran Canaria in February half term 😂

We have decided to take daughters friend with us. They are both 16. Just a bit of advice, I’m not very good at asking people for money ! Friend is paying for her own flight. If we get an apartment/ villa we will cover the cost of all that. Is it reasonable to ask for a set amount per day to cover meals/ drinks etc. I know I won’t be able to let her pay for anything when we are there. Would £30 a day be right or is it a bit mean asking her for anything?
For those who have taken children’s friends away does this sound fair ?
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

I’m sure the parents will give you the money without you even asking. I’m sure £30 is fine because I’m sure there’ll be ice creams etc too in addition to meals.
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Agree with the above, but in hindsight I feel it would have been better to mention, making it clear, when you asked her to join you, what you'd like her to contribute to. I'm not sure how the invitation came about however, so forgive me if I have the wrong end of the stick.

I'm sure most parents would insist on contributing anyway, I know that we certainly would.

Hope you all have a great trip!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I know we are all different but I couldn't charge anyone for food etc if I have asked them to come, its not going to make much difference for another one will it, I am a softy I know but I couldn't do it 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
I know we are all different but I couldn't charge anyone for food etc if I have asked them to come, its not going to make much difference for another one will it, I am a softy I know but I couldn't do it 😊
I’m the same, if I’ve offered to take them I wouldn’t expect anything for food just something for spending money
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
I’m the same, if I’ve offered to take them I wouldn’t expect anything for food just something for spending money
Same here.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Maybe I the softie but if I had made a choice to take another child on holiday I would not ask for any money.

If they offered I might accept but as far as I am concerned the other child would be treated exactly the same as my child so I would be supplying for them exactly what I supply for my own. Food, snacks, drinks, trips, entertainments.

I assume part of the reason they are going is to keep your own child entertained?

I understand this is not everyones opinion, we are all different!
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
I know this is me too 😂
Daughter went and asked her friend before I had discussed it properly with mum despite being told not to ! Any food in the apartment obviously I will see to. It’s meals out ice creams, drinks, paying to get in to waterpark etc really. See I’m talking myself in to me paying for everything now !

I probably should just book an all inclusive.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I paid for ds now ex gf 3 trips to USA. I offered so I paid, also they both earning alot more than me lol but I told them I would pay for everything apart from park tickets and spends and they could each pay for a meal each, so I paid for the other 12 days.
But I am a softy 😂
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I know this is me too 😂
Daughter went and asked her friend before I had discussed it properly with mum despite being told not to ! Any food in the apartment obviously I will see to. It’s meals out ice creams, drinks, paying to get in to waterpark etc really. See I’m talking myself in to me paying for everything now !

I probably should just book an all inclusive.
I've taken Ds friend to an A/I to Turkey and Centre parcs and paid for it all as I asked them to come. With A/I it's so much easier honestly You were put in an awful position, I totally understand, but some people just see holidays as unnecessary extras, which they may not have. In those positions, I just pay for the lot- ONLY if I've asked them though.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List