Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Nov 21, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile Teenagers and parties

Dd is 15 (16 in two weeks). She’s been to one house party before which was her friends and her mum supervised. There was a bit of alcohol and they all got “merry” but it was pretty tame where they danced and sang all night. She asked to go to a party tonight which was with a newish friend (I haven’t met her) and at a house of a girl she doesn’t know. She also wanted to stay over. I said no to it all at first but then compromised that she could go but I would drop her off and pick her up at 11 (no staying over). She agreed to this but was not happy, said that I’m over reacting and dramatic and that all of her friends do things like this ALL the time. I just wondered what you all let your teens do and what’s normal and what’s OVER DRAMATIC? I don’t think I am at all and would be surprised if anyone let there young teen girls do this but sometimes I don’t have a clue what I’m doing with a teenager 😂 interested in your opinions.
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

If parents are there I’d say it absolutely fine to stay over if not then picking her up at 11 is a good compromise 👍🏻
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

My Dd is 15 if I knew the parents I’d have no issue in letting her stay over but as it’s a new friend I’d have said similar to you.
We don’t allow alcohol at this age though.
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

16 pick up 11 no alcohol
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

I think you made the right compromise

If I knew the friend and the parents were there I would of let her stay x
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
If parents are there I’d say it absolutely fine to stay over if not then picking her up at 11 is a good compromise 👍🏻
This for me too!

Thing is though, you can ask us all what we think but ultimately it's what you feel comfortable with for your daughter.
If you don't feel comfortable, it's absolutely your right to set your own rules x
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Absolutely the right call, well done you.

you’ve never met the new friend, you don’t know the girl whose party it is, you’ve never met the parents of the kids. Good decision
Old 21 Nov 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My son is 15 and I've been in exactly same position as you a few times. I have not let him stay at homes where I do not know the child or parent, we're always the bad parents as all of his friends are allowed to do it. Like you we arrange to pick him up, more often than not end up taking some of his friends home so not all of them actually stay.
I have to be honest I do feel mean some of the time but I'm just not happy with him staying with people I don't know. It's tough being a parent to teenagers 🤦
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all, it’s reassuring that I’m on the same wavelength as most. I would love to say no alcohol but my mum was really strict with me on alcohol and I ended up going behind her back and making very reckless and silly decisions when I was that age so I prefer being a bit more open to it on the understanding I know where and who she’s with if she’s having a drink and not passed out on a park 🙈
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

My youngest is now 21 so we’ve been through all this 3 times over. Actually easier with the youngest as she didn’t and still doesn’t drink alcohol.

At 15, we would pick them up at 11, possibly 12 on a weekend with friends they knew well. We were told we were unfair and that everyone 🙄 else was allowed to stay on occasion but they knew the rules. As the older two got older, they often stayed out overnight and came home with sore heads the next day but no major issues thankfully
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List