Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 26 Nov 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

February half term

So where on the planet do you think I’ll be able to travel to in February?

We are supposed to be going to Disneyland Paris but with France saying unvaccinated need to be tested every 24 hours, it’s going to mean that we have to test our 12 year old every 24 hours. We are there 5 days. That’s going to add up to a lot of time either queuing to get tested or uploading photos and getting test certificates if we can take ones we’ve bought here.

Disneyland California, I can get flights and hotel for not much more than our Disneyland Paris trip. Other than the current testing requirements to enter USA and the 3 day test after arrival for DS12, are there any other statutory testing requirements?

Seriously considering switching. Am I mad? Will California also be a no go in February?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

You will be able to take the ones you have. Have you already bought them?

It does sound like USA will be easier to travel to. What about Disneyland tickets though are they not expensive?
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've done a few Saturday-Saturday Feb half-term weeks in Florida, and have another lined up for next year (fingers crossed).

We see it as a week away in the sun chilling, more than our summer trips which are heavily theme park focused.

We hire a house-with-pool and mooch. We do visit WDW - go to Disney Springs once or twice, maybe have a few favourite meals - such as Cali Grill and maybe play some mini golf - something we had literally never done on numerous summer trips, even when we had a free round included with our tickets.

You think it's a long way to go just for a week, but it's never felt like that at all, and it's a lovely way to get some sun and recharge the batteries a bit.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
You will be able to take the ones you have. Have you already bought them?

It does sound like USA will be easier to travel to. What about Disneyland tickets though are they not expensive?
Not bought any tests yet. Its about £400 each for park tickets for four days - so yes, they are not cheap.😬

It’s not so much the cost as the inconvenience. Can you imagine how busy the pharmacy will be at Disney village every day? Or the one down the road in val d’europe? How much time will that take up every day? 😩

My balance is due I think on the 7th December. Hopefully, people will have been by then and will be able to report back on the situation.👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Not bought any tests yet. Its about £400 each for park tickets for four days - so yes, they are not cheap.😬

It’s not so much the cost as the inconvenience. Can you imagine how busy the pharmacy will be at Disney village every day? Or the one down the road in val d’europe? How much time will that take up every day? 😩

My balance is due I think on the 7th December. Hopefully, people will have been by then and will be able to report back on the situation.👍🏻
The 24 hour testing comes in on the 29th November so only a few more days & we’ll know for sure. 🤞🏻

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

I think universal Hollywood were asking for unvaccinated/ not fully vaccinated to have proof of negative covid tests for entry.
Not sure if that includes Disneyland yet or how long a negative result gets you.
Got to say though, I feel terribly for those who are travelling in the new year as it’s just such an unknown yet again thanks to this new variant.

Edited at 10:19 AM.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
I think universal Hollywood were asking for unvaccinated/ not fully vaccinated to have proof of negative covid tests for entry.
Not sure if that includes Disneyland yet or how long a negative result gets you.
Got to say though, I feel terribly for those who are travelling in the new year as it’s just such an unknown yet again thanks to this new variant.
Yeah, Universal (and much of the tourist-y areas of LA) are in Los Angeles County which have restrictions on entry to indoor venues, which are likely to impact kids of UK families due to our vaccination programme.

Anaheim and Disneyland are in Orange County, so not subject to the same rules currently.

This is why we're considering just going to Florida in summer 2022, whereas we had previously planned on going to the west coast AND Florida.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

It would just be Disneyland we were planning on visiting on this trip. Of course, 12 year olds might be able to get their vaccine at some point and then as long as travel is allowed, we could definitely go to either. So many hoops to jump through.

Edited to add: whatever decision I make, it will be the wrong one. I’m one of those people who can never decide whether to switch queues at the supermarket and whichever decision I make, it’s the wrong one. 😂

Edited at 10:41 AM.
Old 26 Nov 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I looked at booking Orlando for Feb half term as it’s looking like our ski trip to Austria will be cancelled.

The flights are insanely expensive even for indirect.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I looked at booking Orlando for Feb half term as it’s looking like our ski trip to Austria will be cancelled.

The flights are insanely expensive even for indirect.
I looked at Orlando and it was considerably dearer than LA. We are due to go in summer anyway to Orlando so wanted to try somewhere different.