Notices

Old 3 Dec 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Getting a Fourth Jab

So yesterday I went for my booster jab which was booked at a local clinic. When I arrived the lady who took my details looked at me and said "ah you're here, I need you to wait separately over here". At this point she led me to a separate cubicle and told the nurse I had arrived. She then said I had to have the moderna and not the pfizer, which I knew would be the case as I've had anaphylaxis in the past. The last 2 jabs I've had were both astra zenica. She then told me I wasnt having a booster, I was having a full dose of the moderna and would need a booster in March. I was a bit surprised at this. I dont mind having it mind you, I just wasn't expecting to need 4 jabs. I imagine it will eventually become a thing annually with the flu jab. Has anyone else been told they need 4 jabs?
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Is the booster not a full jab then?

I just thought it was a third jab. I didn’t realise that it was any different. 🙈
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Originally Posted by clanmacbeath View Post
So yesterday I went for my booster jab which was booked at a local clinic. When I arrived the lady who took my details looked at me and said "ah you're here, I need you to wait separately over here". At this point she led me to a separate cubicle and told the nurse I had arrived. She then said I had to have the moderna and not the pfizer, which I knew would be the case as I've had anaphylaxis in the past. The last 2 jabs I've had were both astra zenica. She then told me I wasnt having a booster, I was having a full dose of the moderna and would need a booster in March. I was a bit surprised at this. I dont mind having it mind you, I just wasn't expecting to need 4 jabs. I imagine it will eventually become a thing annually with the flu jab. Has anyone else been told they need 4 jabs?
I saw on one of the briefings that people with weakened immune systems will be getting a fourth jab, not sure if you fall into that category.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Is the booster not a full jab then?

I just thought it was a third jab. I didn’t realise that it was any different. 🙈
I will stand corrected but I'm sure I read the Booster of Moderna was a half dose.

However don't take that as gospel.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Looby123
Trading Disney Pins

Yes I think Moderna is half a dose and Pfizer booster is a full dose
Looby123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes, my cousin had his booster last week ( Pfizer) and was told he would be called for another in 6 months. He is a kidney transplant patient.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Yes the moderna 'booster' is a half dose. Some people identified as having weakened immune systems have been marked as having 4 doses - so a 3rd dose now and a 'booster' at a later stage.
The rest of us need to wait for the scientist to study how our immune systems are doing, and how any varients are doing. I read that within 6 months it would be possible for the existing vaccines to be tweaked enough to cover the current varient if needed.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Had moderna yesterday and nothing was said other than “that’s you all done until Boris says otherwise”
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Some clinically vulnerable with have a 3rd dose rather than a booster and potentially a booster later. This was pre omnicrom
Old 3 Dec 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My son will be having a 4th as he has had a liver transplant and anyone with compromised immunity is being advised to do this.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, August 2020 Disneyland California
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List