Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 30 Jul 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Beach Bunny
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Food & Drink Budget - Family of 4

Hi Guys,

Just looking to get an approx. amount that we would likely spend per day for a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 teenagers (who eat adult meals!)?

We are staying offsite at a villa so will do most breakfasts at home before we head to the parks. Maybe a few breakfasts out at Perkins, Ihop, etc...

Lunch will likely be a snack at the parks or a quick service.

Dinner will be a mix of moderate restaurants (such as Cheesecake Factory, PH Changs, etc..) and take outs such as Panda Express.

Can anyone advise how much we should allow per day? Doesn't matter if we go over some days just trying to get an idea of how much $ to change up!

Thanks in advance
Beach Bunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We ate dinner at IHOP, cracker barrel, Panda express, Perkins, Cici's and Golden Corral. 3 of us and the bill was usually between $40 and $50 including tip. No alcohol though. Cici's and Panda express were cheapest at under $30

Had cheesecake from the cheesecake factory and I think that was $8 a slice - give or take. That was takeaway

Don't know whether that helps you or not?

Edited at 07:57 PM.
Burgmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We averaged $115 a day. This included food, drink, Walmart and cabana at Clearwater.
This was in a villa for two adults and 3&4yr olds.

I would probably go with $150-$170 if I had two adults two teenagers.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I don't think that you would be too far off on $50/person/day, this would also probably allow a "treat" meal as well. The likes of Olive Garden usually run a buy one/take one promo & is a good option for 2 days worth of meals
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970
Chilling at Carribean Beach

We are currently here. I had a budget of around $400 a day for two adults and two teens.

We are currently averaging around $200. And are full to bursting most days. Lol.

We have eaten at Denny's, IHOP, Cici's, olive garden, celebration town tavern, taco bell, checkers, buffalo wild Wings and had snacks in the parks every day.

Edited at 01:52 AM.
Bobby_1970 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

$150/$200 a day.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are a mature couple who always stay in a villa.

80% of breakfasts out at the likes of Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel and IHOP around $25 for two.

Lunch just a snack in the villa.

90% of dinners out at the likes of Longhorn, Texas, Carrabba's and Bonefish around $55 for two.

Add gratuities so we just get inside $100 a day on average.

Mick
Old 1 Aug 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

I'm going with my daughter (19) her boyfriend (22) and my son (15) and doing similar to you in terms of villa breakfast from supermarket, lunch snack at whatever park we end up in and then dinner out each day.

I'm budgeting for £50 per person per day but I think that may well be too much. Obviously you can spend as much as you like on food and drink out there, but I'm hoping to have some left from my £2000 budget (10 night stay).
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List