Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Aug 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

It looks like a fantastic trip
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
wow, amazing photos and thank for your feedback
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Sounds like a great trip. We love the West Coast you have made me want to go back (just watched Big little Lies and this had the same effect 😊😊 ).
Look forward to reading your trip report.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

I enjoyed reading your holiday review, your photos are amazing too, you should be a holiday planner
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've only just found your highs and lows. It certainly seems you had a fantastic trip. Like others have said I can't wait to read all about it in the full trip report.

It sounds like you were pretty active for someone who doesn't really do exercise. I think it would have killed me to cycle over the Golden Gate Bridge. Wow! You seemed to really enjoy San Francisco too.

I've read that it's very expensive for eating out on the West Coast so I'm wondering if you found that or if you managed to stick to your budget.

Oh and did you pick up may Starbucks mugs?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Loved seeing all the pictures of all places we went & some we didnt, on our 2017 trip. Yosemite as you say it just amazing, we stayed at Evergreen Lodge just outside the park which I would highly recommend should you go back. Best holiday we have ever had would do it all again in a heart beat - as you said I too could live in Sausaulito! Agree again 7 Mile Drive n Pebble Beach - oh thinking about it now just makes me realise how lucky we were - one if our highlights was Alcatraz at night & there was the most spectacular lightening storm & even the 'guards' said it was incredible as it just never happens - very scary!
I'd 'done' LA before & like you found it grubby & not a place I would go back to so we just went down to Hearst Castle instead - 100% amazing place.
So glad you had a wonderful holiday thank you for bring back all our lovely memories to us.
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
A great little highlights post to whet the appetite for the main report

I did a similar trip a couple of years back but sadly we had to change plans when they closed PCH due to the bridge collapse and mud slides, so this is still on my to-do list.

I loved San Francisco and biked over the bridge to Sausilito and thought I was going to die. I looked like I'd been dragged through a hedge in the photos When we visited Alcatraz we arrived on a day when the island becomes infested with literally thousands of flies so walking around outside was a challenge.

We also weren't huge fans of LA and I'm sure driving on the 101 took years off my life

The absolute highlight of our trip was Yosemite; it was utterly jaw-dropping and I was sad I didn't spend longer there.

There was loads of places we couldn't fit in and San Diego was one of them. Your photos tell me it's a 'must do' place to visit if we're lucky enough to make it back to the West Coast.

Thanks for sharing your memories, and can't wait for the full trip report.
I honestly thought riding over the Bridge would be a breeze but didn’t take into account how steep the roads are to get up there in the first place 😂
I’ve never seen traffic and driving like it in my life, and I live just inside the M25 so see bad driving on a daily basis!
I will 100% be going back to Yosemite, just an awe inspiring place even with the crowds.
Oh you must go to San Diego if you ever go back, I would have loved more time there. Next time for sure!
Thank you for reading 😃

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by stecee View Post
It looks like a fantastic trip
It really was, thank you for reading 😃

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by HiddenMickey35 View Post
wow, amazing photos and thank for your feedback
Thanks so much for reading 😃

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
Sounds like a great trip. We love the West Coast you have made me want to go back (just watched Big little Lies and this had the same effect 😊😊 ).
Look forward to reading your trip report.
California has a such a pull, I can see why people go back time and again. We will certainly be back!
We’ve just caught up on Series 2 of BLL and loved spotting all the places we visited in Monterey.
Thank you for reading 😃

IG - alicialanesmith