Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

30 mins is our maximum. I think though I would go beyond this if it was a new ride or a favourite for the last day.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

My normal limit is 30 minutes. My absolute maximum is 60 minutes and only if it is something we really want to do and that we won't be able to get on quicker at another time or get a fast pass for. And I'll only do 1 long queue per day.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
PCBatman
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
A 50 minute posted wait time is usually our limit.

We have waited for longer than this in the past a couple of times but the posted wait was less.

I remember seeing a posted wait of 50 mins for Gringotts and umming and ahhing over whether to queue. I think we passed but did go on it later when it was 45 mins.

Clearly not, as the recent 10+ hour queue for Hagrid's Motorbike ride - as well as other 5+ hour queues - implies.

Based on the responses that appear for this type of question, I'm surprised we see any queues more than 90 minutes long at the parks.

See this is the bit I don’t get - why would you spend your entire day! Wiring for a ride that lasts a few minutes. I get that the theme parks are there for rides and especially all the new exciting ones opening etc... but it’s still not worth it! There’s so much more to do.
Disneyland Paris - Nov 2018
PCBatman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I never do a whole day in the parks these days. Probably only half a day max. So I don't want to wait in line for just one ride.
Try and maximise it.

Now if the parks did a food & adult beverage delivery service to the ride lines, I could be persuaded to wait longer!
And I'd like a seat.

Not asking too much there, of course.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

30 mins max
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We have a limit of 20 mins max, unless it is our last ride of the day/holiday, or one we really love and we are too tired to come back later. We try to be as flexible with this rule as we can, but the way we see things is that we are only in a Disney park for a limited time and don't want to spend the entire time waiting in a queue!
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by PCBatman View Post
See this is the bit I don’t get - why would you spend your entire day! Wiring for a ride that lasts a few minutes. I get that the theme parks are there for rides and especially all the new exciting ones opening etc... but it’s still not worth it! There’s so much more to do.
I don't get it either. Certainly not when people knowingly join a queue that's 5 hours or more.

I suppose for some people queuing is part of the experience and therefore they find it 'fun'? It does seem like a waste of time - and therefore money - though.

(If if costs £5K for a 2 week holiday to WDW, then it costs around £22 for every waking hour. So standing in a 5 hour queue costs over £110).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Whatever it takes really if it means we get to go on something we want to, have sat in a plane for 8plus hours to get there and ride these rides so if it means a yes or a no to try something whilst we were there I would wait it out, I have been in queues for rides that post one amount of time like tower of terror for example an hour and it turns into 2 but I wouldn’t leave the queue.
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

For me, it really depends on the ride. If it was for FOP or BTM it would probably be up to 60 mins maximum. If it was something like Small World or Winnie the Pooh it would be no longer than 10 mins.

We usually rope drop each day and return in the evening too, which helps avoid lengthy queues.
Old 19 Aug 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Whatever it takes really if it means we get to go on something we want to, have sat in a plane for 8plus hours to get there and ride these rides so if it means a yes or a no to try something whilst we were there I would wait it out, I have been in queues for rides that post one amount of time like tower of terror for example an hour and it turns into 2 but I wouldn’t leave the queue.
The thing with the 8+ hours sat on the plane is that it then gives you access to 100 or so rides and attractions. So, if you think about it, you are only sat on the plane for about 5 minutes per attraction. (And that doesn't include the other good stuff we do whilst in Florida).

Whereas the 2 hours spent in the queue for TOT is 2 hours just to go on that one ride.

I'll spend £5K for our family to spend 2 weeks in Florida. But if you asked me to spend a fifth of that (£1K) for us to go on just one ride then I'd politely say "no".

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List