Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 5 Jun 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Shrek adventure london

Anyone been?
Any opinions?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

We went ages ago. We went using our merlin cards so didn’t pay specifically for it. It was good and interactive and worth doing. Not the most amazing experience but enjoyable. We combined with the aquarium afterwards which made for a fuller day as shriek is quite short if I recall
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
We went ages ago. We went using our merlin cards so didn’t pay specifically for it. It was good and interactive and worth doing. Not the most amazing experience but enjoyable. We combined with the aquarium afterwards which made for a fuller day as shriek is quite short if I recall
Thanks

I’m considering combining it with London Zoo
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

I went a couple of years ago using Merlin passes and myself and 2 boys then aged 10/11 and 7/8 thought it was ok. My sister and her kids agreed but another friend with boys of a similar age all loved it when they went. I saw your other post about legoland (We love Legoland for under 12s and Lego fans btw) if you're doing any of these attractions then there are usually 2 for 1s available, there is the Merlin Pass and I'm sure that when we did the London attractions last year you could buy some sort of a pass to go to all of the London things (London eye, madame tussauds, aquarium etc) in 30 day period.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by liz-paul View Post
I went a couple of years ago using Merlin passes and myself and 2 boys then aged 10/11 and 7/8 thought it was ok. My sister and her kids agreed but another friend with boys of a similar age all loved it when they went. I saw your other post about legoland (We love Legoland for under 12s and Lego fans btw) if you're doing any of these attractions then there are usually 2 for 1s available, there is the Merlin Pass and I'm sure that when we did the London attractions last year you could buy some sort of a pass to go to all of the London things (London eye, madame tussauds, aquarium etc) in 30 day period.
Thank you that’s very helpful, I’ll look into that
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

I've been a couple of times (as I have a merlin pass). My son and I enjoyed it (he's 6).

There is a ride at the start (which is good, although it wasn't working properly the last time we went) and then you go through different rooms with actors in them.

I probably wouldn't personally combine it with a day at London Zoo though.

I've done London Zoo and Madame Tussuards on the same day before which works quite well.

If we go to Shrek we normally combine it with London Eye and the Sea Life Centre or a trip on the river.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Stitchfan626 View Post
I've been a couple of times (as I have a merlin pass). My son and I enjoyed it (he's 6).

There is a ride at the start (which is good, although it wasn't working properly the last time we went) and then you go through different rooms with actors in them.

I probably wouldn't personally combine it with a day at London Zoo though.

I've done London Zoo and Madame Tussuards on the same day before which works quite well.

If we go to Shrek we normally combine it with London Eye and the Sea Life Centre or a trip on the river.
Is that because of location? It’s only 30 mins on the tube

I lived in central London odd many years and have a tremendous fondness for the zoo and a deep seated dislike of Madame Tussaud’s, I lived two streets away and every visitor we had always wanted to go:

Edited at 12:27 PM.
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
tray22
Excited about Disney

The Sun are currently offering 2 free tickets (save codes). We did it last year - it was fun, but I don't think I would have paid for it.
tray22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Go early. We gave up as we had queued so long we would have missed our train home.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Just noticed on Facebook that there is an offer on at the moment for 30% off booked in advance

shreksadventure/lond...B5oLgYcd6jYRuQ
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List