Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Nov 09, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
More wedding plans...

Glad you all like my choice of venue!

I've decided my colour scheme will be white and silver with crystals everywhere...

I'm having my best friend and my cousin as bridesmaids and our daughter Jessica will be almost 6 when we get married so she will be our flower girl...!

I haven't picked dresses yet but will post about them separately as I'll show you what I like so far - and I've got my dress too which I will share with you soon...

I've found crystals to go on the tables and little silver/white trivia question boxes as an ice breaker for the guests on each table.

I'm having white chair covers in the venue with silver sashes

We've ordered our cake, it's not a traditional wedding cake though - we are going for a 4 tier white chocolate champagne truffle cheesecake..if the link works you should find a picture of it Here

We've ordered a sample of it (you get the top tier of the cake) and it is fantastic! and we both adore cheesecake!

We're also having it cut up on the night and served as dessert for the buffet which saves us a bit of money too - bonus!

I've found Diamante trim to go around each tier of the cake so it ties in with my sparkly silver theme.

I wish I could show you my invites but I can't scan them in - they are a bespoke design, square invites with a swirl of hearts, all different shades of grey, and little heart diamantes sprinkled through it - I love them! exactly what I wanted and extremely affordable!

I have a few moe things organised so will post them for you soon - including my dress which I adore!

Thanks for reading so far

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 09, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

I love the colour scheme, i also want a sparkly wedding so white, silver with crystals but going to add another colour too thinking either pink or an aqua atm.

What colour bridesmaids dresses are you thinking? I can't wait to see your dress, so get posting pics.
I have mine all picked even though it is over 2 years

The cake looks yummy and is different.

Where did you order the invites from? they sound great
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 09, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Awww it all sounds soo lovely... It is a lovely hotel you have chosen, it looks great outside never been in though as yet but would love to..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 09, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Hey Sarah - so pleased you're another super organised bride like me! Either pink or aqua would look beautiful with your scheme!

I'm doing silver and white right through - my bridesmaids will be in Silver.

I am loving the new range of bridesmaids dresses from Benjamin Roberts - Love by Enzoni - look Here My current favourite is A16 from the 2009 collection but they have only just been launched in the UK so not in the shops yet - should be soon tho - I emailed direct for a list of RRP's on my favourite dresses.

Thing is tho - both the girls are quite different and I want them both to feel comfortable on the day so I don't even mind if they wear different style dresses - as long as they are both in silver! Guess we'll figure it out together when they are trying things on...

As for Jessica, I was determined not to even look for her dress yet as she will grow so much... my original idea was that she will wear white like me and the dress will have a silver sash or some silver detail but then I stumbled acrossThis

And I fell in love with it - I tried to resist but I'm one of those people who gets an idea in my head then when I finally go for it, it's too late and what I wanted has gone, if that makes sense. Soooooo I ordered it in a 6-7, better to be a bit big than small as i can have it taken in - also, if i change my mind it can be used as an occassion dress - we have a huuuuge family and are constantly attending parties and weddings and christening etc! (see how I'm justifying it -even to you! )

what styles have you picked out?

I will post my dress and tell you the story behind it - I just can't now as Chris is in the room and will see it and he can't!

My invites - I found the company in a spread that wedding ideas magazine did on invites. The credit cruch range really appealed to me (for obv reasons) they just didn't seem to fit my colour scheme so Nikki was fantastic and helped me design exactly what I wanted - can't recommend her highly enough see Here

Also, while I think on, I am designing our wedding website to release to family and friends closer to the time, you can RSVP online and share photos etc - It's free and something that may appeal to you esp as you are getting married abroad and you want to share everything with friends and family.

My friend had a disney wedding and part of the package was a website but it turned out it was more for Americans and not international guests (they didn't upload any details on there for her). It may have changed now so by all means check but if it is something you are interested in here's the site I'm using for ours Here

All of our piccies on our site are of us in Florida lol! Will share when it's completed!

oooohhhh love talking weddings!

Colette
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 09, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post

as a matter of interest what music have you chosen ?... my neice gets married soon and laughed at my advice
Old 18 Nov 09, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
as a matter of interest what music have you chosen ?... my neice gets married soon and laughed at my advice
Hiya

Music is still under discussion at the moment - I am bombarding poor chris with all kinds so music is quite low on the agenda - Chris wants a live band who plays a range of songs at night - we are also booking the DJ who did Chris' 30th for us. The Hotel also has ipod docks in every room so we can make our own playlists for the ceremony and for drinks and canapes.

I have a list as long as my arm and then some for songs I want but trying not to bore Chris to death too soon as we a long way to go!

We are also thinking of asking our guests to request a song they like via our website so we can build a playlist for them... ideas ideas ideas!

if you don't mind me asking, what was your advice? everyone is different, but sometimes the best ideas come from other people (thats how I justify my ridiculous obsession with wedding magazines anyway!)

Colette
Old 18 Nov 09, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post

wow everything looks amazing ,im going to follow this thread very closely and i cant wait to see the pics of the final product
Old 18 Nov 09, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by col2501 View Post
Hiya

Music is still under discussion at the moment - I am bombarding poor chris with all kinds so music is quite low on the agenda - Chris wants a live band who plays a range of songs at night - we are also booking the DJ who did Chris' 30th for us. The Hotel also has ipod docks in every room so we can make our own playlists for the ceremony and for drinks and canapes.

I have a list as long as my arm and then some for songs I want but trying not to bore Chris to death too soon as we a long way to go!

We are also thinking of asking our guests to request a song they like via our website so we can build a playlist for them... ideas ideas ideas!

if you don't mind me asking, what was your advice? everyone is different, but sometimes the best ideas come from other people (thats how I justify my ridiculous obsession with wedding magazines anyway!)
hi

promise and we go on from illuminations cd and this cd

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings

cheers
Old 18 Nov 09, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
hi

promise and we go on from illuminations cd and this cd

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings

cheers
See I think they are lovely suggestions - think maybe I'm more of a Florida nut than your neice maybe..

My Jessica would just burst if she got to walk down the aisle to promise...

Colette
Old 18 Nov 09, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by col2501 View Post
See I think they are lovely suggestions - think maybe I'm more of a Florida nut than your neice maybe..

My Jessica would just burst if she got to walk down the aisle to promise...
as far as the disney nut goes , I hold my hand up lol,... she likes pop music and criticises a hard rockin guitar player like me lol

here is a link to the other cd in case you are not familiar with it
amazon/Disneys-Fair.../dp/B000MV91R0

you can also listen to samples there too

cheers

Edited at 12:26 AM.
Closed Thread