Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 29 May 10, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Thumbs up The singletons do Alton Towers Sponsored by Tena-Man...

So i have just returned from the Singletons trip to Alton towers and thought i'd post a couple of pics (cause there are only a couple ) and some details. I've never done one of these before so bear with me

Cast:

Me a.k.a Jude - Trip organiser - Balloon burster, Likes Subway but wishes they felt the same
Patrick - Super organised, Designated park driver, had the cold
Jonny - Alton towers virgin, will try anything once...maybe twice, managed not to get wet!
Johnny - Good fun, mastermind of the underground
Steve - Takes a long way for a short-cut although blames sat nav wealth of information on Solo trips

Day 1

Patrick, Johnny, Jonny and myself all arrived on the Thursday at the hotel and met in the bar in the evening for a few drinks and some food to get to know each other. Once we eventually found each other the usual questions were asked, food was consumed and a couple of drinks were had. Before we knew it bedtime was upon us and we all went our separate ways.

Day 2

Today we were heading to Alton towers. We arranged to meet Steve at the hotel and we were all travelling together in Patrick's car. Steve was late due to going a long way for a short cut and we missed rope drop
Thirteen was already showing a 90 min wait so we headed to Nemesis. and worked our way round from there. Queues were at a minimum and we queue'd no longer than 20 mins or so for rides.

Johnny + Steve
Click image for larger version

Name:	Johnny + Steve.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	23315

Patrick + Jonny

Name:	Patrick + Jonny.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	23317

Me

Name:	me alton.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	23326

Steve, Johnny, Jonny, Me

Name:	raft.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	23328

There was a mix between the five of us on who all went on what, which was handy as i had a bag

Everyone's favorite ride was Charlie and the chocolate factory, i could tell by the expressions of excitement on their faces

We had great fun however, on hindsight though Hex straight after food was not a good idea.

We decided to go on the rapids mid afternoon as it was a really nice day. Patrick 'doesn't do water ones' so he waited for us to come round. On our way round we saw him waiting for us and i was so busy waving i didn't see the TIDAL wave coming over the raft and i got soaked with Steve getting wet also. Somehow Johnny and Jonny managed to stay dry! I should point out here though that i gave up my seat for Jonny after making it nice and dry with my bum so technically his fault i got wet

We did go on Thirteen, used the single rider queue (well done Patrick great idea ) and we only waited 20 mins or so and the queue time posted was 90 mins if i remember rightly.

My personal opinion, i'd be disappointed if i waited 2 hours for this ride. It's OK but nothing special. Nemesis is still the best ride in the park.

We spent a full day at the park, no-one threw up and we had a good laugh.

We all agreed to meet up in the bar later on for a few drinks and some food again. Patrick wasn't feeling great so he went to the land of nod.

We had a good laugh and a few drinks, leaving before we were kicked out. A great end to a fabby day.

Day 3

We all had breakfast together (except for Patrick who still wasn't well) before saying our goodbyes and heading home

Comments

I obviously can't speak for everyone but i had a really good time. Everyone was good fun and we all got on really well. I would definitely like to see more meets organised.

Thanks for a great few days guys, you're all awesome

Johnny (johnnyp), Me, Jonny (Jonny), Steve (spider666)

Name:	The Group.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	23319

Edited at 06:42 PM. Reason: Adding photos
SugarRush is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 10, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

sounds like you all had fun and had a great time, had a look at the photos what are the chaps dibb names,
we are off for 2 nights to alton towers next week,
Old 29 May 10, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
We were lucky with the weather and the some of us got a little burned. It was my second dibb meet, and I have to say that everyone is super friendly and a great time is had

After saying our goodbyes, I thought it was a good idea to go visit some friends in York, so I did plenty of miles today

Hope you feel better now Patrick

P.S thanks for doing the trippie Jude
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 10, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
sounds like you all had fun and had a great time, had a look at the photos what are the chaps dibb names,
I'm the one to the left in the beige jacket
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 10, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
I have added names
Old 30 May 10, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Looks like a fun few days Jude
Are we all still single ?

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 10, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by voddygirl View Post
Well i was the only girl and i am, i'm a good girl you know

So unless two of the lads have something to tell us then yes
Old 30 May 10, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad you all had a good time - hope Patrick is feeling better.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 10, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by voddygirl View Post
You never know if we get a few more on board for the next meet, romance may blossom, although we do the meets for meeting other axe murderers, I mean Dibbers

Edited at 04:39 PM.
Old 30 May 10, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post

looks like ou all had a fab time, hope Patrick is feeling better now x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List