Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Thumbs up The Harley's Blue Light Tour Of Florida

Part 2 Post 13...

Part 4 Post 41...

So finally got round to doing this pre-trippie...

Lets introduce the contestants:

ME (Jude) : 25 years old, Spend my days working away fighting crime in a cloud of fingerprint dust
First went to Disney in 2008 which was my honeymoon at the time (less said about that the better ) it rained LOTS that time but didn't stop me. Spent my days running through MK and Epcot in my bare feet. Most looking forward to getting a slurpee
Booked the holiday and has magically managed to be lead passenger even thought this trip is sponsored by Daddy Bill's Amex

DADDY BILL Age unknown Just retired from the fuzz. Spent his days since DIY'ing and clearing out the loft much to his delight Now has a new little job but starts work a few days before we go, so we all have chill time and he's packing a lunch box again
Most looking forward to spending quality time with the family and catching those rays

MUMMY MARY: Theater Nurse, another age unknown Mummy Mary's most common phrase "have you gooot youuur baaaaags" ... best not let the robbers get them eh mum? Even though all doors and windows are locked So as you can guess she's the 'list checker' passports, tickets and money are checked on the minute every minute and not let out of sight. Must be at the airport before the pilot!

STEPHEN: My older brother... Also spends his days crime fighting in the big smoke of Fife. Lives, sleeps, breathes, eats, dresses in football. Is wondering if he'll manage to get the Cowden score on the plane He's a good lad...we are very similar
Wants to shoot some rounds.

TAMMY: My sister in law, autism practitioner, is VERY excited about the trip to the Sunshine State...most excited about going to... Walmart! Gets sick on the plane...I'm a few rows behind on my own, shame Needs us to stop talking about it "cause she's gonna pee"

So there we all are. 5 Adults, 1 second timer and 4 1st timers.

As I've said daddy Bill retired from the Police after serving his full sentence back in January and we thought what better way to mark the occasion than a holiday with the family. I think what my dad had in mind was more a weekend in Bognor but i soon convinced them that the 5 of us could go to Florida and have a great time

So i started the hunt for a holiday...i started getting prices however most companies hadn't released pricing yet. I called TCD and got a fabulous quote from Manchester for two weeks at Cypress Pointe. Took that back to the family and decided to tweak a little

Spoke to a lovely man at TCD who managed to get us direct Virgin Flights, 10 nights Cypress Pointe, 3 Nights @ St Petes and two full size cars for approx £4k

So the eyelashes were fluttered, the holiday was booked and we all frantically booked time off work. Now it was TIME TO PLAN

We have 14 Day Ultimates and 14 Day Universal passes so a lot to cram in but at the time the exchange rate meant the US MYW didn't make sense as we wanted hopping and Waterparks.

So trips to Walmart, lots of shopping, lots of park going, lots of eating knom knom knom and then RELAX.

Planning on kayaking when out at the coast through one of the springs.

I have also booked a photo session with KMD Photography, Kristen and Todd are lovely and we decided to thank the parents with some family photographs, as you can see ffrom above it's been a while since we got one taken (that was 2006)

The tickets are all here, our docs all scanned and we are into single digits :pop:

Tammy has been reading up on alligators, checked about bugs and made a shopping list.

Stephen has splashed out on new undies and packed his cowden strip

Daddy Bill has packed two pairs of shorts and a t-shirt

Mummy Mary has bought the contents of the high street

I have bought some shorts and can't find any suitable swimwear. Also can't decide what to wear to photo session.

So all is good

So until next time TTFN

Edited at 10:14 PM.
SugarRush is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 11, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Looking good Jude, how exciting mainly first timers you can show them all good times in Florida
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 11, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post

woo hoo Jude... did I miss your SDD?

Looking forward to hearing more...
Old 29 Apr 11, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
It was the other day Sooooo exciting, Virgin have put the film list up now too.

I know Christine, so excited, forgot to mention we are doing a character breakfast too doh!
Old 29 Apr 11, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post

oooh whats on?
Old 29 Apr 11, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Lots of things there is a thread somewhere here. Social Network, Burlesque, The American, Black swan but to name a few
Old 29 Apr 11, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
virginatlantic.mymovies/?s=2&p=1

the link
Old 29 Apr 11, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post

looks good...I fancy Burlesque and the Social Network was brill
Old 29 Apr 11, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Watched The American yesterday...didn't get/like it!
Old 29 Apr 11, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
brody-maddison
Imagineer

brody-maddison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Fab pre-trip pie hun, hope you have a wonderful trip and can't wait to read the main trippie xx
brody-maddison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List