Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Nov 13, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparkles7
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Who's got married at Paradise Cove?

Hi guys I'm new to this forum & would love some advice/guidance! We are planning to get married apr/may 2015 & have just came across Paradise Cove. It looks amazing. We are in touch with Helen, Elegant Weddings & she seems to know her stuff. I wanted some 'real' stories from people who have got married there! So I believe there is a time-frame you get married in/reception in? Did you have a DJ or what was your entertainment? It just seems like a short timescale to have the ceremony AND reception in? Any stories greatly appreciated! Or for anyone else who is planning their wedding there, I'd love to hear from you! Have you booked date/flights yet & if so who are you doing it all through?

Thanxxx!
Sparkles7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 13, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Hi I'm getting married at paradise cove next year and have booked through Helen. I've found her very helpful so far. She sent me a rough timetable for the wedding which is:
6:00PM CEREMONY START
6:30PM SOCIAL HOUR
7:20PM GUESTS SEATED FOR DINNER
7:30PM FIRST DANCE, SPEECHES & TOASTS
7:45PM DINNER
8:30PM CAKE CUTTING, SPECIAL DANCES
8:40PM GENERAL DANCING
10:00PM END OF EVENT
4 hours sounded short to me as well but apparently that's normal over there. We have a DJ booked as part of the package. Hope that helps
Scottishmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 13, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparkles7

That's a great help. Could I message you privately with a few more questions if you don't mind? I see you are Scottish too?!
Sparkles7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 13, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Morganza
slightly serious Dibber

I got married there in October - it was wonderful. Absolutely perfect.

Happy to answer any questions.

I did find the 4 hours to be short. Our wedding was scheduled for 5pm and we finished at 9pm (although my brother then hosted an "after party" at his villa which went on until about 3 - apologies to any Windsor Hills neighbours!.)

No DJ, we just recorded some CDs which was fine for us. We only had 31 guests which includes some children. Once you've had the photos, the meal, cake cutting etc you only have a couple of hours left so hiring a DJ seemed a bit OTT for such a small group.

I really should do a wedding report...

PS (another Scot!)

Edited at 11:33 AM.
Morganza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 13, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparkles7

Hi there thanx for your reply, you have just gave me some food for thought with your wedding... an after party at the villa sounds good! I have a few more questions in relation to your big day, would you mind giving me your email and I could message you privately? Seems like a lot of us Scots seem to want to get married over there?!

Many thanks xxx
Old 11 Nov 13, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

No problem. Iv private messaged you with my email address. Morganza has kindly answered loads of questions for me as well
Scottishmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 13, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread