Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 11 Jan 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Fruit tea

I have googled fruit tea so I think I know what it is. I need to drink more fluid. Water gives me acid reflux and someone suggested fruit tea. So how does a black currant tea differ from, say, Ribena? Are fruit teas sour/bitter? Anything I need to know?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I'm drinking Ginger and lemon and apple cinnamon teas at the moment peppermint is an other one I like in the winter
In the summer I drink more fruit type ones as iced fruit tea
I wouldn't compare them to the likes of Ribbena or squash at all
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I have googled fruit tea so I think I know what it is. I need to drink more fluid. Water gives me acid reflux and someone suggested fruit tea. So how does a black currant tea differ from, say, Ribena? Are fruit teas sour/bitter? Anything I need to know?
A blackcurrant fruit tea (infusion) is not sweet like ribena. It tastes of true blackcurrant - so can be a bit tart and acidic - some people stir in some honey to counteract that.

Fruit infusions contain no caffeine.

A good "starter" fruit infusion is the M&S Strawberry and Raspberry infusion as it is quite naturally sweet from dried strawberries.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Thank you. I am going to M&S shortly and will take a look.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
I bought the M&S strawberry and raspberry. I will reserve judgment. Perhaps I will get used to it!
Old 11 Jan 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

If you are prone to acid reflux I would probably try peppermint tea before fruit tea unless you have sugar in the fruit tea. Of the fruit teas I find something like peach less sour than berry ones.
Old 11 Jan 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Thank you. I will put them on my list.
Old 11 Jan 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I'm surprised water causes you reflux. If you drink it slowly, it shouldn't cause it. I often find iced water helps my heartburn.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List