Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 20 May 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by windsor_hills View Post
It seems like DH and I are some of the few that regrettably didn’t enjoy this last episode. Just felt rushed and a bit blah to me. I’m glad others enjoyed it, but for me the ending was a big letdown. Oh well.
Just watched and We agree with you, it was a bit boring and after all the excitement of the series it was bland and looked like they tied it up quickly so that they can be done with it!
Old 20 May 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Trackstar
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

What is it with the Dothraki? They were all extinguished by the White Walkers, but then somehow back to full strength for some whooping in the last 2 episodes, but then disappear again at the end of this episode without trace.
Trackstar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

"Why do you think I came all this why" - was an interesting response...
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

I watched it again and enjoyed it more second time round - I think many were expecting something else to happen in that second half so were disappointed when it didn't really (including me slightly) but on second watch it had so many reminders of that first series it was almost cyclical in nature - the small council sitting (with the interactions between the character brilliant), and everyone being where they should be - I loved that the last scene was mirroring the very very first with the gate in the wall shutting behind them and them heading off into the forest I thought that was excellent.

I still cried at Drogon and Dany after she died - as to where Drogon went Sam started to say that he was flying East before he was cut off (intentionally haha) which suggest hes going back to Valyria (where he was spotted earlier in series 4/5 I believe) and the fact Bran was going searching for him is a nice touch haha

im so glad Tyrion survived - when we talk about character arcs his is amazing when you think of him in the first ever episode to now - and that Bronn got his castle haha (master of coins lol) and that Davos survived.

Theres not a lot about the ending I would change (fantasy series always tend to have pretty weak endings imo so was happy with this one as I dont think its weak) as I was never a huge fan of Dany in the books or TV show or Arya in the books (Maisie Williams did a fabulous job though to make me care about her especially in episode 5 this series) and my favourite characters were always Jon, Tyrion and Jaimie so 2 out of 3 surviving isnt bad haha

Waiting for the books now...
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
"Why do you think I came all this why" - was an interesting response...
still think hes the master manipulator and his plan was to take power for himself - but I think that's the point we will never know and can keep speculating - means that the show never really ends as we can imagine what happens next
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Originally Posted by lisa12000___ View Post
still think hes the master manipulator and his plan was to take power for himself - but I think that's the point we will never know and can keep speculating - means that the show never really ends as we can imagine what happens next
Yea I agree, I mean why did the Night King want him dead so badly?!
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List