Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 28 Apr 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
joanne42
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Which one is your preferred one
just reading this we stay on I drive and go to the one near sand lake,ubber as don’t drive.always super busy can anyone suggest one a bit quieter.thanks in advance
joanne42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Haines City Walmart is 2mins down the road from us butbif we use Walmart it’s Winter Haven but I’m a loyal Winne Dixie shopper again 2mins from the villa in and out 20 mins and haven’t bought any random items
I do like Our Walmart for craft items and DH buys random things like the best golf tees ever all4 of them use them and golf gloves and gas for our tail gate BBQ other than that it’s avoid at all costs
People of Walmart has definitely been filmed at the tourist ones around the 192 Hyw 27
Oh and don’t go near any between 4/6 on a Friday if you want a hot chicken etc to take out the ques are awful
Thanks. The nearest to the villa we stay at is the one on the US27 and only do it once and then it's usually Publix... may pop down to Haines City at some stage though
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Haines City one is on the 27 as well so no need to actually go into Haines and Aldi is across the Road
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Haines City one is on the 27 as well so no need to actually go into Haines and Aldi is across the Road
Is this Walmart near to Southern Dunes? If so we went there last year.
The Old Windsor Road one is good for Disney, but the parking is bonkers at times.

I found all the crafting stuff was very reduced last year, I found Dicks Sporting goods was the only place I could buy my fishing line (for Jewelery making, not fishing) Walmart didn’t stock it anymore.
Old 28 Apr 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Thanks. Wal-Mart it is!
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Olga last year they were refurbing the Haines City store and the crafting area outdoor pursuits areas etc were greatly reduced and stuff spread out all,over the shop
It was much better in December then again January last month it was back to normal but they have split crafting and seasonal decorating
And florals up used to all be in the same section
DH says I’ve to get a tracking device on this time but if he’d stood where I told him I wouldn’t have got lost looking for stuff
OldLake Wilson doesn’t do seasonal decor etc apparently it’s a tourist orientated store
Agree the parking is totally mad
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by joanne42 View Post
just reading this we stay on I drive and go to the one near sand lake,ubber as don’t drive.always super busy can anyone suggest one a bit quieter.thanks in advance
Is that the one on the corner of Sandlake and John Young Parkway, on the way to Florida Mall ?

I prefer the one down Turkey Lake Road, which is off Sandlake Rd in the opposite direction.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We prefer the Character Warehouse at Vineland Premium Outlets to get official Disney park and resort merchandise at a fraction of the cost it is in the parks/resorts.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We prefer the Character Warehouse at Vineland Premium Outlets to get official Disney park and resort merchandise at a fraction of the cost it is in the parks/resorts.
Been to outlet stores a couple of times this visit and tbh think there full of tat saying that think all Disney stores are full of tat best thing was the cheap banshee would never pay full whack for that also believe they have some cheap pandora charms in
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List