Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 May 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Alamo Skip the counter - Virgin

Am slightly confused but all may be ok. I upgraded to a Full size SUV last week after I'd already done the Skip the counter. So... I was expecting to have to re do the skip the counter part but it has auto updated for the full size SUV upgrade..?! Anyone else had this happen to them? Presume all is ok, I've printed everything off but I didn't think it would update itself, I'm wondering if VH did it...

Thanks
Old 22 May 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Nearly all 3rd party suppliers issue a new Alamo reference number if you change the car or get a price reduction.
Virgin tend to keep the number hence that's why it held your skip the counter process.

But, it's not guaranteed so always needs to be checked. Yours sounds like it's good to go. Well done.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Nearly all 3rd party suppliers issue a new Alamo reference number if you change the car or get a price reduction.
Virgin tend to keep the number hence that's why it held your skip the counter process.

But, it's not guaranteed so always needs to be checked. Yours sounds like it's good to go. Well done.
Thanks Tom.

Well I've printed the skip counter ticket and it has updated to show the upgrade vehicle so it looks all good but I don't know whether it's worth ringing but who? Alamo or Virgin?
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jamie27good
Very Serious Dibber

I did exactly the same thing gave it a week logged back into Alamo and re did the skip the counter bit all details was saved like credit card and drivers licence number just re printed with new car on it binned the old one

orlando 04,06,08,10,13,15,19,21
jamie27good is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jamie27good View Post
I did exactly the same thing gave it a week logged back into Alamo and re did the skip the counter bit all details was saved like credit card and drivers licence number just re printed with new car on it binned the old one
Thing is though I didnt have to re do anything. Just logged in and it had updated... so I printed off as proof incase of issues.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trebor1 View Post
Thanks Tom.

Well I've printed the skip counter ticket and it has updated to show the upgrade vehicle so it looks all good but I don't know whether it's worth ringing but who? Alamo or Virgin?
I wouldn’t worry about ringing anyone.
If you’ve got the barcode and the vehicle type states Full Size SUV or FFAR, then it’s job done. 👍
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
I wouldn’t worry about ringing anyone.
If you’ve got the barcode and the vehicle type states Full Size SUV or FFAR, then it’s job done. 👍
Thanks my friend. Sets my mind at ease.