Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 22 Feb 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Hotdogs, soft ones

Hi bit of a random one but thought someone may be able to reccomend a soft hot dog to me..

Don't have them often but have always enjoyed the ye olde oak brand in a can. They were soft not firm and rubbery (keep it clean! Lol). They've changed them and they are horrid now. Keep buying random cans of hot dogs in a bid to find some I like but no

Any recommendations? I like them soft, said that already haven't I.. Haha... Not overly flavoured, smoked etc. Help!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

the only ones ive come across like that these days tend to be the cheapest supermarket own brand tinned ones that are mostly mechanically separated chicken rather than proper pork/beef ones

groceries.asda/product/h...e/910000866885
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Aldi's (german sausage name?) hotdogs ...8 in a tall glass jar with a blue screw top lid...the best around.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
the only ones ive come across like that these days tend to be the cheapest supermarket own brand tinned ones that are mostly mechanically separated chicken rather than proper pork/beef ones

groceries.asda/product/h...e/910000866885
Oh I was wrong it is these ones that i've always bought and yea it does tend to be the cheap ones. but I would say for about a good 6 months they are diff to what they have been for years. a lot firmer and rubbery than before! i know its silly i just don't like the texture of the meatier ones!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I will try and get some of the aldi ones next time we go past.. thanks

Old 23 Feb 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I will try and get some of the aldi ones next time we go past.. thanks
Just been to Iceland, they have Ye Olde Oak ones, worth a try if you have one nearby, just read the post and you say they have changed, sorry!

Edited at 11:54 AM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
TiggerBounces
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Tesco do really good meat free hot dogs found in the freezer aisle, they are like the canned hot dogs, vegetarian but meat like. Not meat ones but they might work for you.
TiggerBounces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List