Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 2 May 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It’s true that in the comic books both Sam and Bucky have been Captain America. However, the only time Steve handed over the shield to someone else to replace him was to Sam (whilst was also when Steve had become old). Bucky only became Cap after Steve appeared to “die”.
Yea I know now DS has explained that, but to those of us (me) uneducated/have not read the comics, just presumed it would go to Bucky
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

I really didn't like it. Too many plot holes and the first hour was so dull. Didn't like what they did with Hulk and Thor reducing them to comic side kicks. Fat jokes, really? I also wanted more Captain Marvel.

But most of all I was really disappointed with Black Widow's story arc. Why didn't Tony and Nebula realised that to get the soul stone one of them would have to die? They knew that's what happened to Gamora, why send Clint and Nat to get it and not warn them? Also, why didn't she get a memorial service at the end with Tony?

So the idea that they had to go back to certain locations in time was due to the fact that they only had a small supply of Pym particles. Why no just go back in time and then get more Pym particles from Hank. Then they could have gone as many times as they wanted.
Old 3 May 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by nolypops83 View Post
I really didn't like it. Too many plot holes and the first hour was so dull. Didn't like what they did with Hulk and Thor reducing them to comic side kicks. Fat jokes, really? I also wanted more Captain Marvel.

But most of all I was really disappointed with Black Widow's story arc. Why didn't Tony and Nebula realised that to get the soul stone one of them would have to die? They knew that's what happened to Gamora, why send Clint and Nat to get it and not warn them? Also, why didn't she get a memorial service at the end with Tony?

So the idea that they had to go back to certain locations in time was due to the fact that they only had a small supply of Pym particles. Why no just go back in time and then get more Pym particles from Hank. Then they could have gone as many times as they wanted.
Pym was "clicked" away in Ant Man and the Wasp. He wouldnt have been able to make more.

Ive seen an interview where they had to make Thor less powerful so that the other Avengers had to step up. Professor Hulk has been a story arc for years and was the one "surprise" in the film that I was fully expecting.

I dont see many plot holes to be honest?

The first hour was brilliant. I dont need exploding spaceships ever 2 mins. They lost all that was dear to them and that was firmly played out. Im sad they removed more scenes to get the time down that showed how they were all dealing with it.

Without context you dont get the emotional pay offs. Also, Im a huge fan and could watch them for hours doing nothing more than chatting so I am biased

The biggest moment in the movie is without doubt, Howard the Duck leading the Avengers into battle. Always knew that guy had it in him to carry a movie again.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
Yea I know now DS has explained that, but to those of us (me) uneducated/have not read the comics, just presumed it would go to Bucky
TBH, I thought it would go to Bucky too. However, giving it to Sam does agree more with the comic books.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
Pym was "clicked" away in Ant Man and the Wasp. He wouldnt have been able to make more.
But, as mentioned, they could have sent a couple of people back in time to when Pym was alive and got more. In fact, this is exactly what Steve and Tony eventually did. Why didn’t they do that in the first place and saved everyone a lot of trouble?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post

Ive seen an interview where they had to make Thor less powerful so that the other Avengers had to step up. Professor Hulk has been a story arc for years and was the one "surprise" in the film that I was fully expecting.

I dont see many plot holes to be honest?

The first hour was brilliant. I dont need exploding spaceships ever 2 mins. They lost all that was dear to them and that was firmly played out. Im sad they removed more scenes to get the time down that showed how they were all dealing with it.

Without context you dont get the emotional pay offs. Also, Im a huge fan and could watch them for hours doing nothing more than chatting so I am biased

The biggest moment in the movie is without doubt, Howard the Duck leading the Avengers into battle. Always knew that guy had it in him to carry a movie again.
We loved the first hour too. We felt it built up to the emotional ending. By seeing how much each Avenger had to sacrifice in their personal lives and seeing how upset and bereft their lives had been since the snap, we felt more connected to them throughout the second part of the film.

I guess some want all action, whereas I love the fact that MCU films have such a mix of action, characters, special effects, humour and emotions. I think this is why I enjoy them so much. I felt it did have a few parts that could be criticised in some way or another, I wasn’t so keen on fat Thor and felt that if Thor had been depressed and turned to alcohol and overeating surely a friend/Avenger would have been there for him within those five years? Even when they did meet up with him again, none of them seemed to be worried about his mental state (maybe I’m overthinking 😂 ) But I could see why Thor may have let himself go after all the trauma so it made sense.

Overall I felt it was an excellent film and one I would watch time and time again, as would the rest of my family. We loved it 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I don't know. It's clearly meant to be Tønsberg in Norway although, as Fortytwo mentions above, it was actually filmed in Scotland. I have no idea why they made these errors.
they must drive on the left in Asgard
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m pretty sure it said New Asgard, twinned with whatever the place name was.
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
A lot of online websites state that New Asgard is/was Tonsberg. For example, here’s one:

screenrant/new-asgard-to...ptain-america/

So I’m just going off what everyone else is saying.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 7 May 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Its pretty clear. It says New Asgard above the sign that says Welcome to Tonsberg.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List