Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 4 May 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I think it's great to have plans. Just allow them to be flexible so if you or the kids are tired you could come back early, go in late or have a mid day break.

Have a look at DFB on YouTube too. I don't have children but they have some great tips for a quiet spot to let the little ones have a rest or time out in a cool area.

I hope you all have a fabulous time 😁
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Hello. As others have said, it's good to have an outline plan, but don't worry too much if you don't do everything on your plan.

It's a holiday, and you will need to relax a bit too.

I was thinking about your last day / night and your Epcot plans.

You suggest driving down to Miami late at night. What time is your flight - and what date please? Might change my observations...

Edit - also being nosy, do you have your themepark tickets already or do you need to pick them up at AKL?
Hi, We are going on a cruise from Fort Laurdadail on the 3rd afternoon and we need to pick up our wristbands from AKL.
Chris7cc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I am hoping my children will sleep in the car on the way up from Miami as if they do they will be wide awake by the time to we get to Orlando.

I think you are right about being flexible with our plans.

on the way back we have all the time we need as we are going on a cruise the following day for Fort Laurdadail.
Chris7cc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hi Chris. Are you intending to drive from Orlando and them drive back to Miami and then get a cruise back to Fort Lauderdale the next day, or that you are driving down to FL for a cruise the next day?

Either way it does seem a very long day esp if no hotel night planned that night.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Hi Chris. Are you intending to drive from Orlando and them drive back to Miami and then get a cruise back to Fort Lauderdale the next day, or that you are driving down to FL for a cruise the next day?

Either way it does seem a very long day esp if no hotel night planned that night.
Hi, we are driving to Miami, staying in Miami overnight on the 2nd and then getting the cruise on the 3rd from FL (we are 12 miles from the port)
Old 14 May 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Just a thought but is the Lake Buena Vista Hotel set in stone or cancellable? it might be worth getting a hotel either in Miami or somewhere about halfway up to Orlando on your arrival day, then taking advantage of the jet lag for an early slog to Orlando, if the kids are still tired they will nap in the car and save you the worst of the driving after what tends to be in excess of a 24hr day
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Chris7cc View Post
Sorry for posting hear but I put it on the itinerary page and had nothing, I am starting to worry that we don't have enough time at Disney.

6 nights/ 7 days
Right so we are going to Disney on October 27 and staying in AK for 6 nights 7 days but arrive a day before in Miami and driving up and to save some money just staying in a local hotel in lake Bunia Vista and then heading to AK to check in at 8:30am and straight to the park.

Below is our current plan

26th; Land in Miami 15:30 drive to lake bunia Vista (maybe see Disney springs)

27th; All day at AK and river of light show in the evening.

28th; Morning at AK (to do any rides we have missed) then onto MK for 11:45 all day/evening at MK.

29th; Morning at AK pool then on to Epcot for 12:00 and dinner in Marrakesh.

30th; Ohana B/fast then late morning/evening at Hollywood Studios.

31st; MK all day until 18:00 (using magic hrs) then to Aloha dinner show at 20:00.

1st; Typhoon Lagoon (maybe) until early afternoon then shopping and back to Boma for 20:00.

2nd; Epcot food festival and evening in Disney springs and drive to Miami late at night.

We are 2 adults 2 children (5&7) going for the first time, the children won't want to queue to meet the characters but do love rides. What do you think? What would you change?

Any advice at all would be most welcome.
You have 6/7 days, it is short for Disney especially if this is a first trip, but I do not see what you can do about that so no point worrying.

The thing that stands out to me are the long days in a single park, from morning to evening a few days. We are two adults and could not do that, so fo example I would do the day at MK / Epcot / HS and then go to AK for the evening show.

On a short trip to Disney, and my trip this year was five days, I would not allocate any time to a water park, pool or shopping. Maybe you need water park or pool time as you have little ones, but I would still ditch shopping.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I might swap 28 and 30th around- go from Ohana to MK as its more convenient- and Start at HS on 28th- AK Pm if necessary.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List