Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 2 May 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
It's close to Universal. Terrible for all involved

James Holzhaur is a machine, isn't he? He's winning about $100k every episode!
There's no limit on appearances is there? Will he still be there when we arrive for Thanksgiving? I feel sorry for the other two contestants as I know they don't stand a chance.

He knows more about obscure Shakespeare plays and Plantagenet monarchs than I do. Still as a professional sports gambler I guess that he just sits in the Vega sun and reads books.

Mick
Old 2 May 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
There's no limit on appearances is there? Will he still be there when we arrive for Thanksgiving? I feel sorry for the other two contestants as I know they don't stand a chance.

He knows more about obscure Shakespeare plays and Plantagenet monarchs than I do. Still as a professional sports gambler I guess that he just sits in the Vega sun and reads books.

Mick
What a life! Hope he doesn't gamble all his winnings away

It's teachers week coming up so he will have to take a break, maybe he will lose his impetus. I bet the other contestants are hoping!
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ryanlaur View Post
Nationwide Building Society adverts... every single one of them! They keep bringing out new ones and every one is as irritating as the previous one!
At least we don't get Howard on the Halifax adverts anymore.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Not so much the advert but the Jess Glynn “I wanna hold your hand” song has been totally ruined now.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Loving this thread! The advert that I can't abide is the one for booking.com (I think) with the guy on the toilet and the woman in the bath? ! Who on earth came up with such a dreadful idea for an ad!

I do wonder what goes through the minds of these advert executives who sit round their big tables and decide that some of these ads are a good idea

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ShamuLvr
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
Not so much the advert but the Jess Glynn “I wanna hold your hand” song has been totally ruined now.
That advert makes me not want to fly with Jet2 as it is everywhere like the annoying Peloton advert
ShamuLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Froggy88
Imagineer

The AA one with the badly photoshopped creepy baby singing
Froggy88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Froggy88 View Post
The AA one with the badly photoshopped creepy baby singing
I actually like that one ✊✊👶
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just seen two more that irritate me:

The go compare one where he sings in the taxi and all the taxi driver can say is “oh fantastic” in a really weird repetitive way. I’m guessing from the way he says it he must be a minor celeb and that’s a regular thing he says, but no idea who he is so it just seems annoying.

The quick quid one where the lass is late for her train and running into people heading down the stairs and saying “excuse me” in a really aggressive way. Seems rude!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

What about the Captain rum advert.