Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 May 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Ahhh not far off then! Mine are 12, 10 and 8 (though when we go he’ll be a teenager &#128584 we shared a lot last time at quick service and ended up with a fair few snack credits left.

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
Ahhh not far off then! Mine are 12, 10 and 8 (though when we go he’ll be a teenager &#128584 we shared a lot last time at quick service and ended up with a fair few snack credits left.
Ha ha the teen boy may make the difference
If you all don't mind sharing off each others plates there is always too much food. sometimes even when we just had 3 meals between us there was food left over. The amount of food I saw some people waste made me cringe. But I know that some people just prefer to have their own. I am used to kids dipping into my plate so it is just normal for us lol
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Ha ha the teen boy may make the difference
If you all don't mind sharing off each others plates there is always too much food. sometimes even when we just had 3 meals between us there was food left over. The amount of food I saw some people waste made me cringe. But I know that some people just prefer to have their own. I am used to kids dipping into my plate so it is just normal for us lol
Yep it’s normal here too! We all like different things but I hate the idea of all that waste so we do share too. The 12 year old is eyeing up his own footlong hotdogs, I’m sure he could manage but I’d struggle to eat a whole one. My 10 year old swears he can out eat his brother and I’m sure he’s not far off either, maybe there will be less waste this year. And the “baby” and I will share 😂

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
EMB4
Trying for More Ears

Thank you so much for this report!

I'm currently on a night shift (it's 02:40 ) and I've just binged this over the past couple of hours. so thanks for helping me stay awake haha!

Can I ask how you used the credits in Ghirardelli?! We went in there when we had the dining plan in 2018 but nothing had the little dining plan symbol next to it so didn't think we could use them! I was dyingggg to try an ice cream Do they convert the credit into a money amount?

Looks like you tried your hardest to use up the credit! I commend you for the amount of food We are going back in 2020 with the QSDP and will definitely try so much more this time just to try and use the credits, our theory is - we don't have to eat everything on the plate right?!

xx
EMB4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow I’ve just binge read your entire trip! Three weeks onsite full of Disney food really is a challenge but it sounds like you did a fab job and so many yummy eats there!

Do love how it convinced you to try a few alcoholic drinks you wouldn’t otherwise have had - we wouldn’t have needed the encouragement

Your snack haul is incredible.

Was there any part of you that was a little sick of so much food at any point? We always have a plain food / sweet tomatoes craving a few days in.

Hope you booked those August flights for next year - they sounded like a great deal.

Appreciate you taking the time to post this and brighten up all of us planning “next time”. X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EMB4 View Post
Thank you so much for this report!

I'm currently on a night shift (it's 02:40 ) and I've just binged this over the past couple of hours. so thanks for helping me stay awake haha!

Can I ask how you used the credits in Ghirardelli?! We went in there when we had the dining plan in 2018 but nothing had the little dining plan symbol next to it so didn't think we could use them! I was dyingggg to try an ice cream Do they convert the credit into a money amount?

Looks like you tried your hardest to use up the credit! I commend you for the amount of food We are going back in 2020 with the QSDP and will definitely try so much more this time just to try and use the credits, our theory is - we don't have to eat everything on the plate right?!

xx
Ghirardelli gives you a $ amount per snack credit. It is just over $6 but that is an after tax value not a pre tax value. They are very helpful though and explain it well when you ask
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Wow I’ve just binge read your entire trip! Three weeks onsite full of Disney food really is a challenge but it sounds like you did a fab job and so many yummy eats there!

Do love how it convinced you to try a few alcoholic drinks you wouldn’t otherwise have had - we wouldn’t have needed the encouragement

Your snack haul is incredible.

Was there any part of you that was a little sick of so much food at any point? We always have a plain food / sweet tomatoes craving a few days in.

Hope you booked those August flights for next year - they sounded like a great deal.

Appreciate you taking the time to post this and brighten up all of us planning “next time”. X
Thanks... I know the 'free' alcohol turned me lol
We did feel sick it was a sugar and fat overload lol but soon got over it.

Unfortunately didn't book those flights (kicking myself now) DH wasn't convinced about spending all that money again but now we are playing the waiting game
Old 19 May 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Have just read your report in one go! Amazing! I have added Polite Pig, Blaze Pizza and Satu’li Canteen to my list for next summer. Looks like you had an amazing time.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow just read the whole report, it’s safe to say you have covered my most pertinent question “where to get the best QS cocktails” 😂😂
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Have just read your report in one go! Amazing! I have added Polite Pig, Blaze Pizza and Satu’li Canteen to my list for next summer. Looks like you had an amazing time.
These are definitely on my list for next time (if there is a next time). Having massive Disney cravings today lol

Originally Posted by THECRAZYMOUSE View Post
Wow just read the whole report, it’s safe to say you have covered my most pertinent question “where to get the best QS cocktails” 😂😂
Ha ha, There were some really nice ones I would say HS offers the most variety (from what I tried)