Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 May 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile Denver

Has anyone got any advice about visiting Denver? DH has won a work prize and the award is presented in Denver. He gets travel, hotel (5nights in Denver) and $500 spends, I can go with him if a pay for flights!
We will be going 1 week after we return from Florida in October😊
Does anyone have any advice about where to visit and what to do while there?
Old 21 May 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Not been myself (yet) but take a read of Crispy A’s trippy - Rocking the Rockies. They start and finish in Denver. The Rocky Mountain NP is not far so you could hire a car to visit for the day?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

We really enjoyed Denver and around there.
Views are spectacular, air is thin, can't really add anything of worth, we just based our trip around a Rough Guide book and Trip Advisor.
If we didn't need to come home probably try to join up Florida and Denver.
Well done !
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
We really enjoyed Denver and around there.
Views are spectacular, air is thin, can't really add anything of worth, we just based our trip around a Rough Guide book and Trip Advisor.
If we didn't need to come home probably try to join up Florida and Denver.
Well done !
Thank you, unfortunately I don’t think i will have enough holidays entitlement left to go for 4 weeks, I did consider it as an option😊
I will start to do some research. I’ve heard there is a chance of altitude sickness, did you manage okay?
Old 21 May 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Not been myself (yet) but take a read of Crispy A’s trippy - Rocking the Rockies. They start and finish in Denver. The Rocky Mountain NP is not far so you could hire a car to visit for the day?
I will have a look, thanks. I will try and do a quick run down of the trip when I return. 😊
Old 21 May 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

I’ve just book the flights😊. Premium economy on the return flight, I think it’s over 9hrs long and then the connection back from London. 😊
Old 22 May 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
I’ve heard there is a chance of altitude sickness, did you manage okay?

Definitely noticed it in Denver but we didn't have any problems.
Driving up through mountains it felt as though we were a little dizzy at first but it stabilised after a while.
It can be quite cold even on a Sunny day. It felt very much like one of those lovely bright clear Winter days, except it was June. You can see the dash outside temperature display falling as you climb.
The other thing you notice in the mountains is the smell of pine trees. Really amazing.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
suei
Excited about Disney

:)

The Rocky Mountains NP is beautiful! The views are amazing, & there's plenty of wildlife to see. We loved it. Well worth a visit.
suei is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstenjet
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'll have a couple of days there next month on way back from Yellowstone. Our main tourist thing to do there is to go to Morrison and see the dino footprints but I realise that may not be for everyone!
Also really looking forward to visiting a food hall as they seem to be a big thing there.
It's been hard finding non 420 or craft beer places as that's all the guides seem to concentrate on.
kirstenjet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

We were there in 2016 - my report in my signature will give some some ideas about Denver and the surrounding area. Rocky Mountain NP and Boulder are definitely worth a visit as well.

We did notice the altitude - getting breathless etc so do give yourselves some time to acclimatise. Enjoy - it’s a great city.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List