Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 May 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

universal hotels for one night

Will we be disapointed if we book RPR? HRH is 70 euro more for one night. We always stay at HRH and love the theme, it's part of the experience. We hit the park very early in the morning, come back to HRH for the afternoon and go for a walk around CitiWalk in the evening. Next park the morning after.

It's substantial difference but I wonder if we will be disappointed if we stay at RPR.

Also, club level at HRH is not much more expensive. Considering how little we will be around, I guess not worth it for one night?
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve stayed in both and liked RPR just as much (if not a little more) than HRH. Probably come down to budget but I wouldn’t have any hesitation staying at RPR again.
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Much prefer the pool at RPR - deep and warm and swimmable. We use the water taxis to get to-and-fro anyhow, so no difference on distance etc for us. Cheapest wins if only for one night.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

is the walk to the parks comparable? I thought they are pretty much same distance
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

loved rpr but haven't stayed at hrh. lovely relaxed feel to it and fab pacific theming.
Old 24 May 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
is the walk to the parks comparable? I thought they are pretty much same distance
RPR felt longer, but have only done both of them once - to get there really early when there are not so many water taxis.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Much prefer the pool at RPR - deep and warm and swimmable. We use the water taxis to get to-and-fro anyhow, so no difference on distance etc for us. Cheapest wins if only for one night.
Felt the walk was similar, but I think HRH was the nicer walker. Not enough for us to spend more money on though.
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Having done all 3 of the Universal hotels with express passes HRH is our least favourite - although we've not been for a good many years, opted for PBH or RPR instead. I don't think you'd be disappointed with RPR. It's a lovely resort and Jake's restaurant is a bit of a hidden gem IMO.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We like RPR more than Hard Rock, if they were the same price we would choose RPR so would suggest saving the extra money.

The walk to IOA from RPR is a similar distance as from Hard Rock to Universal Studios. Portofino is the one with the longest walk
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
HRH is my favourite. However, we’ve had our last 2 stays at RPR for a week and 3 nights and loved it too. Our week at rpr club level was cheaper than a standard room at HRH.
I think the HRH walk is slightly quicker. The RPR walk is great if you are starting at IOA though.
We’ve now stayed at all 3 express pass hotels and I’d be happy at either.
That said we’ve booked HRH for this trip but only because we wanted a change and got a good annual passholder rate.
For you I’d give rpr a go, request tower 3 as it’s so handy for the pool and boat. Not sure I’d do club level for 1 night.

Edited at 08:25 AM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List