Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 May 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile How helpful are Disney for 3rd party booking?

I made a booking through Priceline - there wasn't a way to select the number of guests, just "One room"
When I linked the reservation on MDE it gave me only 2 adult guests- one of whom is ex DH and not travelling.
I can't change it on MDE. I called Disney US and the lady told me that she can't make any changes, that it's a 3rs party reservation and to call my travel agent.

I went on to Webchat with Priceline. He confirmed with Front Desk at AoA that it will be ok to have 4 people in the room but wasn't able to change the reservation.
I have emailed Disney(no reply yet but I'm expecting something beige) but I'm a bit sad... I'd like it on MDE, not least to be able to choose MB for the kids.

Any advice?
Old 24 May 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Your booking is with Priceline so any changes/amends need to be done through them, not Disney. How many people will actually be in the room? As it stands, you will only be getting 2 magic bands as that is what they have booked for you.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I've not used Priceline for a while but my recollection of the "opaque booking" (ie you bid for unnamed accommodation that is revealed when your bid is accepted) is that the room is always for 2 adults only.

Now, we know that Disney rooms will be fine for four, but I'm not sure how that works with regards to the magic bands as you say.

If nothing else, I'm sure when you get to checkin and you explain what has happened they'd give you two more magic bands, although the choice would be whatever they happen to have at the time.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

I was hoping for 4 MB. Ah well, I'll just have to let just my favourite children choose one
Old 24 May 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Update: I called Disney again and I got the nicest cast member. She changed it to 4 people for me, and it came up on MDE for 4 immediately.

As I was on hold with her, I was also on web chat with Priceline and they just did a rinse and repeat, saying the hotel front desk says 4 people are ok (we know this) but not materially changing the reservation- I suspect they are unable/ unwilling to do so in their system.

top marks once again for Disney Customer Service. There is a reason that they receive the number of visitors they do.
Old 24 May 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Which hotel did you get was it swan/dolphin ?
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

It is Art of animation.
Old 25 May 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tea View Post
It is Art of animation.
Can I ask if it was a lot cheaper booking through Priceline than going direct with Disney
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
Can I ask if it was a lot cheaper booking through Priceline than going direct with Disney
In 2017 we had a week at POFQ booked with Disney then 4 nights at St Petes and then were staying on Bryant Lake. Cut a long story short left st petes early and booked 2 nights in a cheap motel in Kissimmee. I then saw a deal come up for AOA on Expedia I will go in t Expedia and check but i5 was either half board or B and B basically we got one or two quick serve vouchers a day. It was way cheaper than Disney direct but we booked it the day before we checked in and cancelled lake Bryant.

Sorry it’s not on my Expedia account I think we paid either around £85 per night or £115 I honestly can’t remember and that was three of us and I remember thinking that the food was worth 3/4 of that.

Edited at 09:24 AM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
It was a saving of $75 a night but it was an Express Deal on Priceline so it was a gamble as to whether it was AoA or All Stars (albeit a "sure thing" gamble) because they don't tell you what hotel you're staying at until after you're booked in.

Edited at 11:39 AM.
Tea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List