Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 May 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Check on online disney hotels

Hi guys do you do the online check in on mde is it worth it for us brits who have to collect magic bands from reception

Edited at 01:59 PM.
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post

I do not bother as going to the desk anyway.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We always do it as it saves a bit of time at the end of a long travel day. You set the pins for your magic bands during olci so you don't need to do it when you get there - you just pick up your bands and room details and you're off. Also, every resort we've stayed at has had separate desks for people who have done olci that move much quicker than the normal check in desk queue. Not sure if they're separate at every resort though.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We always do it as it saves a bit of time at the end of a long travel day. You set the pins for your magic bands during olci so you don't need to do it when you get there - you just pick up your bands and room details and you're off. Also, every resort we've stayed at has had separate desks for people who have done olci that move much quicker than the normal check in desk queue. Not sure if they're separate at every resort though.
I don’t recall there being separate queues when we were at the Yacht Club earlier this year. Actually there was no queue at all, but there was no signage to indicate that there are sometimes two queues.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t recall there being separate queues when we were at the Yacht Club earlier this year. Actually there was no queue at all, but there was no signage to indicate that there are sometimes two queues.
It might be down to resort size, but there were definitely separate queues and signage at POR and CBR which are the 2 most recent resorts we've stayed at. Can't recall for SSR and POFQ as it's been a while since we stayed there.

loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks for that how do you enter your mobile number it does not seem to accept mine
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I never do it. You’ve got to go to the desk anyway and if you want to request a different room location than the one they allocate to you it’s easier if you haven’t done OLCI. I got a room we much preferred at Beach Club last year. I wasn’t after an upgrade I was just after ensuring we got a room with a full pull out bed. We got that, a ground floor terrace pool view and steps away from Epcot. Our original room was near the Yacht Club area and partial balcony. At POR I changed one preferred room location for a different preferred room which basically faces the food court. The choices on on line check in are more limited than the choices you actually have in your paid fo room category if you’ve done your research beforehand.
Old 26 May 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I never do it. You’ve got to go to the desk anyway and if you want to request a different room location than the one they allocate to you it’s easier if you haven’t done OLCI. I got a room we much preferred at Beach Club last year. I wasn’t after an upgrade I was just after ensuring we got a room with a full pull out bed. We got that, a ground floor terrace pool view and steps away from Epcot. Our original room was near the Yacht Club area and partial balcony. At POR I changed one preferred room location for a different preferred room which basically faces the food court. The choices on on line check in are more limited than the choices you actually have in your paid fo room category if you’ve done your research beforehand.
I don't think doing olci makes any difference to being able to request a different room when you actually get there. Your room has still been allocated in advance even if you don't do olci. So, you're just asking for you currently allocated room to be changed to another one you might prefer. You also don't have to use the olci room request options. I agree that they're often not great and they seem to have become much more limited in recent years.

I personally like it forgetting pins set up in advance and the separate, quicker queues that we've found at the resorts we stay at

Old 26 May 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ms Sleepy View Post
Thanks for that how do you enter your mobile number it does not seem to accept mine
I drop the first zero and then just type the rest. Always works for me

Old 26 May 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
I drop the first zero and then just type the rest. Always works for me
Thank you I will try that