Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 May 17, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Pheeeeebs
Dancing with Tink'

I like big buns and I cannot lie! June Trip | 14 Days Offsite Food Report!

Howdy partners!

This is my first food report, and I'm starting it a little early! Things are a bit hectic in the build up to our flight on June 6th, so I thought I'd better get this thread on the road while I've got a spare moment.

What's going on?!

I suppose I better get the introductions out of the way first, huh? I'm Phil, and this is my second time visiting Disney. My parents took me in 1999 and I can remember it as if it was yesterday.

Now I'm all grown up (apparently), I thought it was time that I treated everyone to an almost identical holiday.

We fly out on June 6th for a week at Disney, followed by a week at Clearwater Beach. We'll be staying offsite, with the first hotel being the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, and the second begin the Sandpearl.

Who's going to be there?!
Me: Phil. 29 years old. I've pretty much planned the entire thing, so if it goes wrong, it's my fault!

The family: My mum (Heather), dad (Karl), sister (Becky), and her boyfriend (Ash).

The Plan

I'll be providing pictures of every meal, snack, and interesting beverage we consume. Fingers crossed my amateur photography does the food justice. I've been drooling over the reports in here for the last 12 months!

Here are some of the key places I'll be covering:

Premier Inn Manchester
V Room at Manchester Airport
Virgin VS75

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando Dinner
Gunther's Ice Cream Parlour
Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando Breakfast
Typhoon Lagoon snacks
Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs
IHOP
Bahama Breeze
Denny's
4 Rivers Smokehouse
Kekes
Medieval Times Dinner Show
House of Blues
Cheesecake Factory
Snacks in the parks
A lot of restaurants in Clearwater

I hope you all enjoy this report. I'll be trying to update as I go along in the evenings. Exciting times!
Pheeeeebs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Your title made me laugh (makes me think of that scene from Friends). Lots of good restaurants on your list, can't wait to read it

Edited at 07:01 PM.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Haven't been to kekes or 4 rivers so looking forward to your review! Hope you have a magical time!
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Have an amazing trip, I'm sure it will all go to plan.
Old 28 May 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Really looking forward to your food report. Love a good food report and one with loads of offsite eats. Enjoy your trip and your food!

November Pre Trippie
Our Happily Ever After 29/10/2014 Cypress Grove Estate House Wedding Day Report
2 weeks of offsites/onsites food report
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Pheeeeebs
Dancing with Tink'

Thanks everyone! I'm getting rather excited now, and have actually packed to go already haha!
Pheeeeebs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

I'll be looking forward to reading along... we stayed at Rosen inn @ pointe last year had a lovely stay ... the food in the hotel... we preferred dinner which is buffet style but nice... I've got a very fussy eater and she ate fantastically in there and for free 👍😀, breakfast we did once and decided never again... it was very busy whereas evening meals always quiet.
Have a lovely time you are in a great location for brilliant places to eat ... enjoy 😊
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pheeeeebs
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I'll be looking forward to reading along... we stayed at Rosen inn @ pointe last year had a lovely stay ... the food in the hotel... we preferred dinner which is buffet style but nice... I've got a very fussy eater and she ate fantastically in there and for free 👍😀, breakfast we did once and decided never again... it was very busy whereas evening meals always quiet.
Have a lovely time you are in a great location for brilliant places to eat ... enjoy 😊
Awesome, and thanks!

We aren't expecting anything amazing from the hotel food, but we have two free breakfasts and one free dinner so figured we may as well use them!
Old 29 May 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pheeeeebs View Post
Awesome, and thanks!

We aren't expecting anything amazing from the hotel food, but we have two free breakfasts and one free dinner so figured we may as well use them!
Oh definately , have a look on the boards in lifts and other public areas they have what's served in restaurant because it varies nightly, I think they had theme nights like Italian night and Mexican night and there was always roast that chef carved each evening. The deserts weren't a massive choice but the pie was always a hit with us and then there was cookies, and ice cream machine and they had a big selection of toppings ...oh and mickey waffle machines lol.
Breakfast wasn't bad it was just the restaurant always looked heaving when we walked past and it definately was the time we went in.
But when we dined in there at night it was usually on a day we had stayed out longer in parks and couldn't be bothered with getting ready to go out later on somewhere else... on those days you just need food and convenience lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Looking forward to this, much prefer off site to on.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List