Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Mar 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Great start, we’re always knackered on arrival day so although we’ve had plans of ADRs we normally end up doing a QS at our resort, so well done for making it to Disney Springs on your first night!

Looking forward to more.
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Totally agree kfc is better than McDonald's!

Your breakfast does look tasty in the photo, a shame it didn't taste as good as it looked, shoddy service here though with Nik having to track down the bill at the end. I know people moan about the quick turnover at WDW and servers bringing the bill with dessert but it doesn't mean you have to rush the end of the meal and it is good to not have to wave them down when you're keen to leave.

It's good to test ideas and try things out, at least now you know you're definitely right about not wanting a TS meal on travel day. The starters do look tasty. I'm not sure about those fries though, it sounds like they couldn't make their mind up with thin and crispy or wedges!

Looking forward to the next update, I haven't eaten at chef Mickey or Olivia's. We did go to Hollywood and Vine in 2014 though! I'm interested to see how you rate it as it gets slated on the dis! We haven't been back but more because we wanted to try out new places, it seemed a fairly standard Disney buffet to me, not quite on a par with Tuskers but good enough.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Following along! Great start xx

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

So excited to see a report from you Colette It inspired me to use the "like" button for the first time (twice!).

As you probably know, I've never stayed on site so I'm looking forward to reading about all of the different meals available on the dining plan so that I'm prepared when Neil finally agrees to it (prob in about 20 years )

Shame about your disappointing breakfast at Frankie & Benny's - your breakfast looked really good I thought.

Hmm, I have to say I'll probably never try Planet Hollywood despite your good review. I had a terrible meal at the DLP one, and Neil had an equally terrible meal at the Orlando one so we've agreed never to darken their door again In saying that, Nik's burger looks particularly good... a bit strange that you had to build your own. Well done on eating out on your first night, you did well.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
Ohhh, this is going to be good <3
I hope so! Thank you for reading.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Right, hopefully you won't get cross with me clogging up the report with inane replies...I've just got to the end of your first post.

The notebook sound beautiful, I'm glad you put it away in a drawer so it could stop taunting you . Work sounds like it has been hectic, I hope your day isn't too long now.

I'm worrying that I will have made some wrong ADR choices and might need to go and make amendments after I see your photos and read about your meals. You know what I discovered last summer was the dibbers on the reports forums are fairly forgiving about a lack of photos of the actual food and when they finally get photos they didn't seem to mind the photo's being pretty blurry, or the complete opposite and getting an excess of photos of all the pages of the menus. At least they told me it was ok, maybe they were just being kind . I'm sure your photos are going to be great and your report will be a hit.

I love that you've given us some teasers! I can't wait to find out if you actually managed the 39 ADRs or if you had credits left over! I hope you got through all your signatures, actually, no I don't, because what I mean is I hope you enjoyed all the signature restaurants and that you didn't just get through it, as it's supposed to be fun and not just a mission.

Oh and my final thought on post 1 was that, it's your 2nd favourite day of the year in just 4 days . Have you got your ADR plans in place for this year? I'm curious to know if you're tempted by BOG as it's now a 2 TS meal. I've done something really naughty, I've got a reservation for liberty tree tavern and BOG for the same day about an hour apart while I make up my mind which to go for . I know it's not fair to have both when we definitely won't be using both and I will cancel soon, but i just can't decide if BOG is going to be worth 2 TS!

I'm so glad you are back as you can see I've got lots to pick your brain about!

I'm going to read post 2 very carefully and will be back again later.
Funnily enough, my day is shorter now, I worked out of town before, my new store is a minute’s drive from my house. This was a negative when everyone else was having a snow day!

I am pretty sure I have my ADR list sorted, I have taken the week off work to book them. I’ll PM you in more detail. I am still tinkering and revisiting my reviews from last year isn't helping!

That is very naughty, but probably a good idea to keep your options open until the menu changes and a few reviews appear. I am on the fence regards Signatures being worth 2 credits, you might find it better to go to BOG and pay out of pocket.

Thank you for reading, if it wasn’t for you I genuinely would have just deleted my Word document and forgotten all about.

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
great start, you really don't need to worry about delayed posting - eventually finished my first report 2 years and 6 months after getting back so 4 months is nothing We're off on the deluxe plan in July and have many of the same choices so looking forward to the rest!
That really puts my mind at ease, I was nervous about the menus having changed since our visit, but it doesn’t seem like there’s been any major changes. Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Waltdisnae View Post
Looking forward to following along - soooooo much food to vicariously enjoy.
Thank you for following along, I recommend not reading on an empty stomach

Originally Posted by disjunkie View Post
Great start, we’re always knackered on arrival day so although we’ve had plans of ADRs we normally end up doing a QS at our resort, so well done for making it to Disney Springs on your first night!

Looking forward to more.
Yes, QS at resort is definitely the way to go, I really regretted not doing this! Our flight this year lands around 2.30, so we’ll have to kill sometime before I can allow myself to crash, we’re going to go to Disney Springs again and grab something, I’m thinking D-Luxe burger. Thank you for reading.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Totally agree kfc is better than McDonald's!

Your breakfast does look tasty in the photo, a shame it didn't taste as good as it looked, shoddy service here though with Nik having to track down the bill at the end. I know people moan about the quick turnover at WDW and servers bringing the bill with dessert but it doesn't mean you have to rush the end of the meal and it is good to not have to wave them down when you're keen to leave.

It's good to test ideas and try things out, at least now you know you're definitely right about not wanting a TS meal on travel day. The starters do look tasty. I'm not sure about those fries though, it sounds like they couldn't make their mind up with thin and crispy or wedges!

Looking forward to the next update, I haven't eaten at chef Mickey or Olivia's. We did go to Hollywood and Vine in 2014 though! I'm interested to see how you rate it as it gets slated on the dis! We haven't been back but more because we wanted to try out new places, it seemed a fairly standard Disney buffet to me, not quite on a par with Tuskers but good enough.
I have to say I do like when they bring the bill with dessert, like you say, it’s likely about turnover, but I see it as efficient, I’ve never felt like I was being rushed, and I am glad they know that in Disney chances are you’re rushing off somewhere else.

As above, we are looking at D-Luxe Burger for our first evening this year. Our flight lands at 2.30, so if we just hang around CBR I’ll end up going to sleep at 6 o’clock, so we have to head out somewhere to kill some time. Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Following along! Great start xx
Thank you for reading!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Although I spotted this earlier, I've only just had time to sit down and properly read it and you've made a great start

I have to confess that we're not lovers of KFC in our family I've only had it once over 20 years ago and it made me really ill, so I've never been back. It also means that my husband hasn't eaten it in the 23 years we've been together and neither of our children have tried it either (now 14 and 16). I'm sure it's lovely, but you know what it's like when you've had a bad experience with something - just the thought makes you feel ill again 🤢

That was a lot of food to try on your first night! We went to the old PH and they double charged the tip to our magic band. Fortunately the lovely people at SSR sorted it out once I spotted it. We went when there was lots of movie memorabilia, but the tables were really crammed in and there was loud dance music playing. It was like trying to eat in a nightclub! I'd have preferred movie clips too.

Looking forward to reading along with your dibber vs dxddp challenge

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh excellent! Looking forward to this! And DxDDP no less!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yay - a new food report! Really looking forward to this 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
So excited to see a report from you Colette It inspired me to use the "like" button for the first time (twice!).

As you probably know, I've never stayed on site so I'm looking forward to reading about all of the different meals available on the dining plan so that I'm prepared when Neil finally agrees to it (prob in about 20 years )

Shame about your disappointing breakfast at Frankie & Benny's - your breakfast looked really good I thought.

Hmm, I have to say I'll probably never try Planet Hollywood despite your good review. I had a terrible meal at the DLP one, and Neil had an equally terrible meal at the Orlando one so we've agreed never to darken their door again In saying that, Nik's burger looks particularly good... a bit strange that you had to build your own. Well done on eating out on your first night, you did well.
Hi Lynda, thank you so much for reading! I do hope you can talk Neil around, he would probably really enjoy OKW/SSR as they are very chilled out, with very subtle theming.

We have had bad luck with Planet Hollywood in New York, and I had only seen bad reviews of the Disney Springs one, but when I knew Guy Fieri had contributed to the menu I had to give it a try. I’m glad we did, but I don’t think it will be one we visit again, too many other options!

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Although I spotted this earlier, I've only just had time to sit down and properly read it and you've made a great start

I have to confess that we're not lovers of KFC in our family I've only had it once over 20 years ago and it made me really ill, so I've never been back. It also means that my husband hasn't eaten it in the 23 years we've been together and neither of our children have tried it either (now 14 and 16). I'm sure it's lovely, but you know what it's like when you've had a bad experience with something - just the thought makes you feel ill again 🤢

That was a lot of food to try on your first night! We went to the old PH and they double charged the tip to our magic band. Fortunately the lovely people at SSR sorted it out once I spotted it. We went when there was lots of movie memorabilia, but the tables were really crammed in and there was loud dance music playing. It was like trying to eat in a nightclub! I'd have preferred movie clips too.

Looking forward to reading along with your dibber vs dxddp challenge
Definitely too much food for the first night, the appetizers would have been plenty. The tables were the same way in the new restaurant, so awkward when you are basically sitting with the table next to you. Thank you for reading Vickie.

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Oh excellent! Looking forward to this! And DxDDP no less!
Hi Lisa, thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Yay - a new food report! Really looking forward to this 😊
Thank you for reading Leia!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Oh great. My favourite kind if Trip Report! Toying with DxDDP for our May trip and have booked ADRs accordingly. Only have regular DDP reserved though. Hoping you will help me make up my mind.