Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Aug 18, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by orlando10 View Post
Exactly, Santander are known for rejecting claims first time, I am appealing mine with the FOS, very easy I called them and they took some details and sent out forms to complete and now just waiting.
They told me the same as it was in store application.
Mine was also in store but surely advising people to tick the PPI box in order to be approved is mis selling?

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Probably a stupid question, but if I claim form a company whose credit card I still use would they cancel my credit card account with them? As you can possibly tell, I'm a fully paid up member of the tin foil hat brigade!
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

I had a mortgage with Nationwide and they're not on the list of banks when you fill in your details. There is "other" which I ticked but it didn't ask for specific details. Will they just search for other banks?
Old 10 Aug 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by simmofamily View Post
I had a mortgage with Nationwide and they're not on the list of banks when you fill in your details. There is "other" which I ticked but it didn't ask for specific details. Will they just search for other banks?
I think so but you could always message ... team@reclaimppi.co.uk
Good luck

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Itsabunthing View Post
Probably a stupid question, but if I claim form a company whose credit card I still use would they cancel my credit card account with them? As you can possibly tell, I'm a fully paid up member of the tin foil hat brigade!
As far as I know they won’t cancel your car edit card but they can use any refund to pay off any arrears if you have any...
Good luck

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

I should say the hsbc flexi loan and credit card policies that were rejected on mine were apparently rejected in 2013 (I don’t remember enquiring)

When I wrote this time they just referred to that and haven’t reinvestigated

However it seems more get approved now so wondering if that’s worth appealing
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Thanks for that op, I've been looking to do this for awhile. You can't argue with just a 10% commission.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
marialouise
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tco200 View Post
I should say the hsbc flexi loan and credit card policies that were rejected on mine were apparently rejected in 2013 (I don’t remember enquiring)

When I wrote this time they just referred to that and haven’t reinvestigated

However it seems more get approved now so wondering if that’s worth appealing
don't go back to the bank to ask them to look again. bring the complaint to FOS as you are not happy with your response from the bank.

also where someone mentioned above - no FOS don't reject most complaints first time. they are individually assessed.
Old 10 Aug 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Thanks for this. I’m going to give them a go.
I know for a fact in my teenage years that I had PPI on a Dorothy Perkins account and Debenhams. I clearly remember they told you you’d be more likely to be approved if you ticked the box!
I just don’t have any of the info so as per another poster, better to have 90% of something than 100% of nothing
Oh yes I had one of these, you were told that! I’m going to put a claim in

DLP Sept 1994 NY, 1998 SF, 2003NPB, 2005 off site, 2008NPB, NYE 2012 Explorers
WDW POR August 2013 14 nts
WDW POR August 2015 21 nts
DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
WDW DVC December 2016 10nts
Lisaw1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FeFe View Post
I went through the financial conduct authority website (FCA) and it has an a-z list of companies and who to claim from. I went though them and have contacted 6 companies, 4 of which I have had back saying that I did pay ppi on them so 4 claims in! I would try doing this before contacting a company who take a fee
Thanks that's very useful information. I've gone ahead with my claims through reclaimppi as I'm pretty sure I've never had any, but as others have said, may as well give it a go. The FCA website has found some that aren't on their list, so I'll be making my own claims.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List