Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 Nov 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie_04
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We love 1900 park fare breakfast too, strawberry soup is strangely tasty you should give it a try 😀.

I want to try Gasparilla’s Grill, I say it each visit but haven’t made it yet. The food looks so good there, especially that coconut creme 😂
But strawberry and soup are not two words that should go together! 😂

You MUST go just for the Coconut creme! 😂 The meal itself was lovely too though. We were going to try and find time to go back later on in the holiday as they had some really nice salads too, but we didn’t find time!
Minnie_04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie_04 View Post
But strawberry and soup are not two words that should go together! 😂

You MUST go just for the Coconut creme! 😂 The meal itself was lovely too though. We were going to try and find time to go back later on in the holiday as they had some really nice salads too, but we didn’t find time!
Haha, I do agree and DH and DD looked at me as if I was mad to try it 😂

This is the problem we find, not enough time to try all the restaurants and meals we would like to try. It’s always more difficult to get to resort restaurants too. Gives us a reason to return though 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Nice to see 1900 Park Fare as it's on my list
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Fab report so far.

1900 Park Fare is lovely isn't it, we were told that it's Passionfruit, Orange and Guava juice. It's so yummy, I'd love to try and make it at home, but I know it won't taste the same. Looking forward to the rest of the report xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie_04
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Haha, I do agree and DH and DD looked at me as if I was mad to try it 😂

This is the problem we find, not enough time to try all the restaurants and meals we would like to try. It’s always more difficult to get to resort restaurants too. Gives us a reason to return though 😀
I think I'd give you the same look as they do!

There's definitely not enough time to try everywhere, there are far to many to pick from! We really tried to get to as many resort restaurants as we could as we wanted to have a nice nosey around the other hotels!

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Nice to see 1900 Park Fare as it's on my list
I'm sure you'll enjoy it, we certainly did!

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Fab report so far.

1900 Park Fare is lovely isn't it, we were told that it's Passionfruit, Orange and Guava juice. It's so yummy, I'd love to try and make it at home, but I know it won't taste the same. Looking forward to the rest of the report xx
Yes! That's the recipe! You're right, I bet it won't taste the same. I know most restaurants have the same, or a similar version of it, but Park Fare was definitely the best one!
Minnie_04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Awesome list of restaurants, thanks for sharing and great start
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie_04
Getting Excited

Day Thee – Wednesday 31st October 2018

After having a quick breakfast at home of cereal and toast, we drove round to Hospitality House, filled our mugs and took the boat over to Disney Springs.

Of course, we stopped off in many, many shops along our way and checked out the new World of Disney Store! A favourite for us is Earl of Sandwich, so it would have been rude not to have some lunch there. On the dining plan, you could pick one sandwich/wrap, a drink and any side under $3.99. Dad decided to pay OOP just for his as he didn’t want the side or a drink. Again, this was another mistake of ours. We foolishly thought we would actually use most of our credits, but never mind!

We picked up a Holiday Turkey for mum, a Hawaiian BBQ for me, and dad had the Turkey and Cheese wrap. We also picked up two cinnamon rolls and two cold drinks. The food was yummy as always and we all enjoyed this. We took the cinnamon rolls home and ended up having them for breakfast another day.

No day at Disney Springs can go without a trip to Goofy’s Candy! We picked up two rice crispy treats with snack credits which we took back home with us.

For dinner this evening we were off to Ohana! We had heard great reviews but never been before ourselves. So that we could all enjoy the option of an alcoholic beverage, we took the bus to Magic Kingdom and then hopped on the Monorail. As it was Halloween tonight, our plan was to have dinner and then wait to watch the fireworks from the Polynesian Beach or wander over to the Grand Floridian to watch them from there. The only issue we had was our reservation was quite early at 5:10pm. I had tried countless times to change the reservation, but even when I had first booked it on the 180 day mark, this was the only time I could get. We had a quick browse in the shops before checking in.

We managed to score a lovely table right at the window, looking right out to the pool, and you could just see the castle in the distance. To start off we were served the warm coconut and pineapple bread which was yummyyy. Even dad who doesn’t like coconut or pineapple liked this. To drink we also ordered two Pina Colava’s and a Bud for dad.

The food was all served pretty quickly, and we really didn’t have much of a wait. The salad was brought out not long after the drinks. I can’t remember now what the dressing was, but it was gorgeous! This was followed by the noodles, vegetables, pork dumplings and chicken wings.

This was absolutely bloody lovely! Those noodles were so good, as were the dumplings. We’re not fans of eating chicken on the bone, but we had a little try of these too. The skewers of meat were soon around too; Mum had plenty of the shrimp, whilst me and dad stuck with the chicken and beef. It was all really, really scrummy. There was a peanut sauce as well which went great with it all. We considered asking for some more noodles, but we just couldn’t eat any more. There was plenty of meat on offer and they kept asking if we wanted more.

Then came dessert. The waitress offered to pour the sauce for us, but as mum doesn’t like banana’s we asked not to. Again, this was really, really scrummy! Plenty of ice cream and the sauce was so good. We were absolutely stuffed!

We noticed quite a lot over the holiday that meals tended to be served quite quickly, and you seem to be in and out. It was quite a ‘quick’ meal, and there was never any wait. The bill was brought out, and we were quite astonished to see it would have been $199 for the three of us. Thank goodness for the dining plan! We really enjoyed the meal here and would certainly return.

Afterwards, I wasn’t feeling so well, so we sat around in the lobby for a while watching the Halloween costumes and had a browse around the shops. Dad went down to the beach and ended up talking to someone about the best place to watch the fireworks. He suggested going back to Magic Kingdom and watching them just outside, just before the train station. We opted for this as it would mean we could hopefully dash back to the bus stop before the crowds left the Halloween party. It was a nice spot, we even had a bench to sit on, no crowds in front and the music was played too. Not a bad view! It was surprising just how many people left the party before the fireworks, but we managed to beat a large crowd back to the bus.

Old 1 Dec 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Those EOS look lovely and huge too.

The rice crispie treats look lovely, I could so eat one of those right now

The food at Ohana looks lovely, sadly I've read on a few trip reports that they rush people.

What a lovely view for the fireworks xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

A great start. We tried ‘Ohana for the first time last trip and loved it too. We’ve booked twice for next year!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Those EOS look lovely and huge too.

The rice crispie treats look lovely, I could so eat one of those right now

The food at Ohana looks lovely, sadly I've read on a few trip reports that they rush people.

What a lovely view for the fireworks xx
Hi Kelly, this is actually my daughters report of our holiday we all planned on the Oct/Nov thread you started! Turns out we were actually at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast at the same time you were there 😃
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List