Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile Hong Kong Disney worth visiting?

Looking at going to Hong Kong at end of March. Would be staying there for 6 nights.

Never been to Hong Kong before.

Is a day at Disney worth it or is there plenty of other stuff to keep us busy.

No kids, just me and the wife and we’ve been to WDW about 5 times.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Definitely worth at least one, if not two days at Disney. The park is gorgeous, very lush and green, and has some attractions unique to that park. If you only have limited days in Hong Kong, you can do Disneyland in a day if you get there for rope drop and crack on!

There are plenty of things to see and do in Hong Kong as well, but it would be daft to go all that way and not shoehorn in a day at Disney!

Mystic Manor is great fun - think Haunted Mansion style, but funny and without the ghosts.

Also, their version of Big Thunder Mountain, which is called Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Train, is hugely fun and also really funny - look out for the bears!

We loved this park, it is small enough to do in one (or two) days, yet different enough to make it definitely worthwhile going. The food is fab there, too!
Old 22 Feb 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As silver cat said its a great little park. We spent 6 days in Hong Kong and spent a whole day in Disney and could easily have spent more in fact we are going back to HK in Oct and spending a couple of nights as well in a Disney hotel.

If you are only going for six nights then one day to see the park would be fine as you said there is so much else to see and do. Don't miss going to Nong Ping cable car and visiting the Big Buddha and monastery it is awesome

Have a great time
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Thanks for the replies. Ticket prices don’t seem eye watering and we feel like we’ve done WDW to death but this sounds interesting. We’ll pencil it in to our plans I think.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You won't be disappointed! Riding on the MTR train to Disney is an experience itself!
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
arisser
Proud to wear my Ears

I loved my day in Hong Kong Disneyland, don't regret it and I got everything done easily in just one day! I went on a weekday and it was virtually empty - the longest I waited for anything was 20 minutes and I got to do several attractions more than once, as well as watching a show and both parades. Out of the Disney Parks I've visited, Hong Kong is my favourite and I would love to go back.

Mystic Manor is definitely not to be missed - it's truly amazing! Also the Mickey and the Wondrous Book show is really, really great. It is in Cantonese but the English translation is on screens above the stage. Quite funny hearing Mickey speak Cantonese! I enjoyed the Iron Man ride too - a simulator ride similar to Star Tours but it's very Hong Kong specific which was great after spending a few days exploring the city, it was super fun to spot the landmarks I'd been sightseeing at.

I bought my ticket from Klook before I went and it came with a meal voucher for a quick service meal and a snack voucher for an ice cream which was great value for money.

On a more general note, I'm sure you'll LOVE Hong Kong. It's my favourite place I've ever visited.

Edited at 07:46 PM.
arisser is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve literally just returned from Hong Kong today. It was just my dh and I, teens stayed home with grandparents. We had the best time ever, and we did do one day at Disney. It was very quiet, no queues for anything and definitely doable in a day. HK is an amazing place, we loved it! Any questions please just ask!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
monkeehanger
slightly serious Dibber

monkeehanger's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We were there last week and it's dfinitely worth it.

We've been a few times but this time stayed at the Hollywood Hotel - while it is pricy, the entry tickets for two were included to ease the pain.

The best part was getting there from Central Hong Kong around 0830, check-in and leave your luggage with the concierge and then straight to the park for rope drop at 0930.

We then left the park at 3pm to check-in to the actual room and freshen up.

Back to the park around 5pm until close.

It's all so close and very easy to do. After the end of the parade we were back in the hotel for drink after 15 minutes despite the crowds leaving. This alon was worth the price.

There is some construction on at the moment but it doesn't detract from the experience - no fireworks, but the Main Street We Love Mickey projection show is amazing and the Paint The Night parade is also very cool.
monkeehanger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

We loved it..getting to it was lovely on the train and it was not packed and very clean..hardly any wait for any ride and if you are an OAP its only about ten pounds.
Ocean Park is also worth visiting...for me it was the Panda😍.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the replies. I know this is more general trip planning but any thoughts about Hong Kong Island v Kowloon as a place to stay?