Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Mar 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Grandstand or Paddock?

Hi Folks,

Looking for opinions on these 2, actually Act1980's () post on the accommodation forum got me looking at things. We have stayed a couple of times in building 12 - Paddock & loved the closeness to CP but last year we were building 8, I think, right next to Paddock Pool, downside, the pool was busy everyday & no available loungers. Then Grandstand popped up, we don't mind being further away from DS but am I right in thinking that this is the first bus stop on way in ? Even though we will have a car for the middle 2 weeks, we will probably still use the buses when moving about on-site.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We're fans of the Grandstand and have stayed there both times we've been to SSR. We always request the building next to the pool and find it's a great location. Only a few minutes to the bus stop, Carriage House and main pool.
First bus for pick up and drop of, but if you see your bus leaving as you're walking to the stop, then you can walk to the Springs stop and catch it from there rather than waiting for another one.
We walked to the RFC side of Disney Springs in about 15 minutes, and you can also walk to the House of Blues side too, via the Carriage House. If you don't fancy walking, then you can also hop on the first park bus to arrive at your bus stop, then get off at Congress Park and walk from there

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
murdi
Very Serious Dibber

It is the first stop on the way in which is great but also the first stop on the way out which means you travel all round the resort before heading off which is obviously not so great. Having said that we've stayed there twice and loved it. The pool area is lovely and always quiet. It's only a few minutes walk to the carriage house and the boat to Disney Springs.
edit seems I've been beaten to the punch.
murdi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I prefer the Paddock, my Wife prefers the Grandstand. So that's of no use to you whatsoever sorry

Every 4th year one of our 3 week trips needs to possibly be in a non Preferred location.
My Wife advises me we are doing the Grandstand for Nov 20 as that trip she doesn't use the balcony much. I know my place.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Hi Folks,

Looking for opinions on these 2, actually Act1980's () post on the accommodation forum got me looking at things. We have stayed a couple of times in building 12 - Paddock & loved the closeness to CP but last year we were building 8, I think, right next to Paddock Pool, downside, the pool was busy everyday & no available loungers. Then Grandstand popped up, we don't mind being further away from DS but am I right in thinking that this is the first bus stop on way in ? Even though we will have a car for the middle 2 weeks, we will probably still use the buses when moving about on-site.
SD
Hi! I'm still undecided as to what to request. Both have pros and cons I think

It's a nice problem to have though isn't it
Old 10 Mar 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilly3580
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We stayed at Grandstand and the bus stopped there first which was a major bonus. It was close to the pool and not too far from the food court.
Lilly3580 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
kingofhonour
Apprentice Imagineer

kingofhonour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Loved the grandstand last year,used the boats to DD and then walked back.As people say your pretty close to everything and good for the bus.
kingofhonour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Request for Grandstand in, if we could be guaranteed building 12 in the Paddock we would stick with it but last years building had a view of the only bit of water in Saratoga without a fountain & although no smell it was a bit of an eyesore.
Act don't let me put you off, there looked to be plenty of loungers around the sectioned off kids water play area, it was just around the "main" pool that loungers were an issue. Never had to wait for a washer either & a bonus having a drinks station close to block.
Fire Engines were a bit noisy just as well their turnout system is different to ours or I could be jumping out of bed every night
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Request for Grandstand in, if we could be guaranteed building 12 in the Paddock we would stick with it but last years building had a view of the only bit of water in Saratoga without a fountain & although no smell it was a bit of an eyesore.
Act don't let me put you off, there looked to be plenty of loungers around the sectioned off kids water play area, it was just around the "main" pool that loungers were an issue. Never had to wait for a washer either & a bonus having a drinks station close to block.
Fire Engines were a bit noisy just as well their turnout system is different to ours or I could be jumping out of bed every night
SD
Thanks Shooby! I have also requested the Grandstand. The Paddock looks lovely but you could be in any one of those buildings which could mean we're further anyway from the pool or main building. At least with the Grandstand we could potentially walk to the main pool in less time and would be near the boat to DS. Obviously there's no guarantee that our requests will be met but lets keep our fingers crossed hey!
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

SD
We have only stayed at Grandstand and it was great. Buses are the best on property from there I think?

We used touringplans to request 2 rooms and got 1 exact match and 1 very close. The views were wonderful, and very quiet
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List