Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 10 Mar 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We have recently spent an 11 day vacation close to Rome (visiting Lake Brachiano and the Italian Air Force museum).. with an overnight trip down to Pompeii in the middle of it.

We liked the Pompeii area that much that we returned for a fortnight in Sorrento (visiting Naples, Positano, Capri, Amalfi Coast, Herculaenium and Pompeii)... with a 3 night minibreak to Rome in the middle. The train between Naples and Rome only took 1 hour and 11 minutes!

Without a doubt, we will return to both amazing locations.
We honeymooned in Sorrento, doing all the trips - will be going again soon, my idea of heaven!
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
chezfraser
Excited about Disney

chezfraser's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

Yes. Lots of happy memories of Sorrento. Not least all the locals parading in their posh heavy coats on Sundays (in April) ... whilst we were in t-shirts and shorts. I guess 70F is chilly for them.

We also did a two day Rome trip. So much to see... we barely scratched the surface. Then there was a fantastic palace somewhere near Naples.

Fear not... Italy is not off the table. Well it is for this year. Mickey is booked. But the DLC Med cruise is also tempting.
Disneyland 1979, 1996, Polynesian 2000, Caribbean Beach 2001 & 2002, DLP Sequoia 2002, West Ridge 2004, Highland Reserve 2006, DLP Camping(!) 2009. High Grove 2010, Highland Reserve 2012, Orange Tree 2015, California/Disneyland 2016, Hillcrest 2017, WorldQuest 2019
chezfraser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
colzo100
Excited about Disney

We were supposed to be going to Lanzarote this year for a cheap week...well that was the plan... now Orlando and Cabana Bay for a cheap week!

You've got to do it!
colzo100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
chezfraser
Excited about Disney

chezfraser's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by colzo100 View Post
We were supposed to be going to Lanzarote this year for a cheap week...well that was the plan... now Orlando and Cabana Bay for a cheap week!

You've got to do it!
Indeed. In theory was going to be a cheap week in Italy... but it didn't seem that cheap when we started looking. And then DW introduced the (probably minimal) risk of travelling to Europe in the midst of Brexit confusion.

So, I guess we could call our trips to Orlando the "Brexit dividend".
Disneyland 1979, 1996, Polynesian 2000, Caribbean Beach 2001 & 2002, DLP Sequoia 2002, West Ridge 2004, Highland Reserve 2006, DLP Camping(!) 2009. High Grove 2010, Highland Reserve 2012, Orange Tree 2015, California/Disneyland 2016, Hillcrest 2017, WorldQuest 2019
chezfraser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We were supposed to be going to Crete this summer , but then after a sneaky 6 days just after Xmas in Orlando, we were hooked again for a proper trip with the kids in Oct .
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

After California last Easter, we were planning a summer trip around the UK with maybe a hop across the channel by car and a few days in Germany after my eldest son had completed his GCSE's.. Then we had a shock when we started planning and pricing things up!

Boston, New York, Dayton OH, Cincinatti, Orlando and Naples for 3 weeks it is then! As an economy move (I keep telling myself).

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by chezfraser View Post
Wowwwwww!
Dare I ask why so short?
There was a charity run ,basically how far can you drive in 25 hrs as the crow fly's. We got to Amalfi coast. The winning team out of 56 teams got right to the bottom of Italy. We were in the sea while the locals were wrapped up in there thick coats. It was 22c .
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I could’ve written this myself, Italy was the plan and yet whoops I booked Florida! We are definitely planning Italy for next year and are considering an Italian cruise. My partner and son have never been to Italy and I’m desperate to take them.
We just found an absolute bargain for Florida this time and couldn’t turn it down
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Winning team in leuca
Oh and by the way the car was a demonstrator and for sale. 1 careful owner. No idea how they managed that far in the time.

Edited at 01:23 PM.
Old 10 Mar 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lake Garda is fantastic. We are fortunate to be going to Lake Garda and Orlando this year. If I'm honest I am probably looking forward to Lake Garda more.

Lake Garda really has got it all. A fantastic theme park in Gardaland, Movieland and a fab waterpark (DS/DH prefer it to all the waterparks in Orlando). Stunning scenery and great cities to visit nearby (Verona is gorgeous). We are going in April holidays for a week and it only cost us £485 for flights and accommodation for 3 of us. Bargain!

But hey ho, Orlando not too shabby

We were looking at other destinations for August other than our yearly trip to Orlando. Prices for Europe are ridiculously high in summer holidays that we booked Orlando again!

Edited at 01:34 PM.
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List